Patriotism: A Nation's Strength

penguinpal
To love and support your country is to be a true patriot. One's patriotism can be measured by how strongly they stand behind their country no matter what the situation might be. Even if the United States government and its citizens were to do something that one might not approve of, one must reassure themselves that everything will fall in place and that the United States will continue to strive to be free and equal for all. I personally do not know many people who are in the military but whenever I meet someone from the military I thank them not only for their bravery but for their patriotism to do what is right for our country even when the United States does not do the right thing themselves. I am proud to be a patriotic citizen. If I were to travel to another country I would not want to hide the fact that I am an American citizen, I would want to shout it out to the entire world. Not being afraid to take criticism for what I am proud of is something that I consider to be patriotic. Just because I am proud to be an American citizens doesn't mean that there are times when I am upset with what is happening in America. For instance the Snowden incident should have been dealt with better by the American government. He betrayed his country and that is not okay at all, nowhere close to patriotism. Even though there are times when I do not agree with the actions taking place in the United States by its government and its citizens, I will always be a strong supporter of America by being as patriotic as possible and always trying to do my best as an American citizen.