The Concept of A Hero

majethepoet
In this era, finding a hero is the hardest task to possibly do for a young woman. With all the females degrading themselves, straying from intellectual thought to pursue vanity, or getting pregnant, i have to ask myself who i want to be. Typically someone would choose a family member for their hero, and i do not fault them in the slightest because my hero is in fact my grandmother, Laura Pierre. She took me in at 4 months old to live with her and my grandpa, and raise me to be the wonderful 16 year old i am today. Respect is an aspect that comes easily to me because of her. Dignified, Classy, Beautiful internally, Sweet, Tough, and Independent, is the way she raised me through teaching me, and setting a true example herself. In the dictionary, a heroine is described as "a girl or woman of outstanding courage, nobility, etc., or of heroic achievements" and she fits the description in every way. The courage she takes on to raise me and take care of my grandpa when he gets sick shows her bravery, as a senior citizen woman with high blood pressure to do this makes me smile. Her nobility shines through every feature from her smile to her walk, the respected tone she carries in her demeanor, and her amiable toughness, clearly exuberates everything defined as noble. Her outstanding achievements go beyond compare, and everything she does is an outstanding achievement to me. The most independent-yet gentle, regal-but humble, strong-but friendly woman i've witnessed in my life. She creates a beacon of hope in me i can't fathom that my own mother could not light,(may she rest in love and peace). She taught me to be strong in the face of adversity, not to cry when kids make fun of me, to love myself, to entertain myself when i have no one else to play with, to be self-determined, to be independent, to have faith in God, to make sure i set the standard for a young lady, to stand tall when people attempt to trip you to fail. She stands a pillar of hope to me without fault. Without her, i would not be here today, not metaphorically, but literally, because in a way, she saved my life from demise at the hands of being another name in the system. She was strong for me when my mother died, even though she is my mother. I relied on her strength to take responsibility when my grandpa got sick. She taught me how to be a success in school. Thanks to her, I am the success i am-whether as a poet, a writer, a rapper, a clothing designer, a library volunteer, a church usher, a track runner, or a compassionate person. I love my heroine, because she set the example everyone else failed to.