Patriotism ______

vigneshvasu
The word Patriotism is usually associated with an image of soldiers fighting for our Country. But this image is just a small part of patriotism. Patriotism doesn’t have to be associated with war and fighting. Patriotism is simply just showing love for one’s country. A man on the street can be just as patriotic as the soldier in the war. To be patriotic is to show pride in your country. I am a patriot because I show love and pride in my country. To me my country is the greatest country in the world.
One of the greatest things about America is the diversity. I have pride in knowing that America is one of the most diverse countries in the world. People come from all around the planet looking for a new beginning, a new place where they can watch their kids grow up happily. Everywhere there is a variety of different people. I have met people who have relations to kings from China or people whose grandparents were survivors of the holocaust. Everybody I meet has a different story, a history of their own just waiting to be told. I can meet people from Europe, or Australia just by walking down my street. These people come to America looking for freedom and that’s exactly what they get.
To love ones country is to show pride and stick with their country despite the problems the country may have. A person who truly loves there question always asks themselves “what can I do to make my country better?” No country is perfect, and some countries have rough periods from time to time. But a person who truly loves their country does everything they can to help improve their Country. They can do things as small as helping pick up litter off the streets, to things as big as serving in congress. However they don’t just do it for their own personal gain; they do it their neighbors, their relatives they do it for everybody in their country. At the end of the day, that person looks back at their day, and they’ll be proud no matter what.
Anybody can show pride and love for their country. Although no country is perfect, every country has something to love. At the end of the day a person should be sure of one thing and that is that they can believe in their country. That is true patriotism.