Patriotism: What We Do Magnificently

zbighoss
Patriotism: What We Do Magnificently
True patriotism can only be seen in someone’s heart. People who fly a flag or have “patriotic” items are not necessarily patriotic. Patriotism is not merely an outward showing but an inward condition for which we must feel called. There are some matters that patriots like me are disappointed about in our country, yet there are more matters I am proud. We have rights that other citizens dream about. Through these rights, everyone has a fair chance to reach their dreams and hopes.
Religious freedom is one of the greatest freedoms America can give to someone. I am proud to say I have religious freedom; I can take part in this freedom daily. Not only can I own a bible, reading it every day without hiding somewhere is easily achieved. I am able to share the gospel with all and without need to worry about being arrested. Waking up Sunday morning, I can go to any church freely and openly.
Everywhere people have hopes and dreams, but they don’t have the resources and encouragement to fulfill them. I am proud I can strive to fulfill my dreams and have the resources available. Top ranking colleges are open to all who try hard enough to get into them. If I want to go to a top ranking school, I don’t have to worry about paying for the full tuition, I can earn a large scholarship with hard work and determination. Hoping for a promotion, even though my boss and I are different religions, is a luxury that many people in other countries don’t have. Whenever I want to achieve greatness, I have all the resources I need. Having a role model to look up to and use to encourage me, I push myself harder each day.
Our rights, freedoms, hopes, and dreams are all available for us. If someone considers himself a patriot, he doesn’t necessarily show his patriotism outwardly, but by using his rights to his benefit and the benefit of others, he gains the title of a patriot. We need to show our appreciation for the people who have fought tirelessly for our rights, giving us the ability to fulfill our hopes and dreams. I am a patriot; anything I dream up is possible.