Patriotism: Something my Country Discourages me From

jblackmon10
To love your country means you have full confidence and trust in its being. When it comes to love, confidence, and trust in my country, I just cannot bring myself to have it. This country is run by a corrupted system of government and has a horrible way of dealing with not only our problems here, but global problems as well. We have so many laws made to govern our country that seem to only favor those of high diplomatic or social status or those who are of other government positions. Here, we have police officers that kill U.S. citizens that are obviously no threat to them. When it comes to actually having to take action against their crime, they either get acquitted or like in some cases, the crime just gets ignored like it never happened. This country even has harsh laws against immigrants, people who come here in order to find better living conditions and/or work opportunities than where they were. How can this country go off the basis that every person is created equal, but not allow equal opportunity to those who want to become a part of a society of equality? This just makes me lose all confidence in what America stands for. It is also because of our corrupted government that I cannot even trust this country anymore. I understand that the government just wants to "protect" us, but protection comes with full honesty and loyalty to the people, not secrecy and favoritism. There are many secrets the government keeps from us that are possibly detrimental to our well being as a whole. Also, many of our government officials use their positions to only benefit them and others of a wealthy status. The facts are in this country's history of government activity and the present government activity. Until this country actually stands for equality and trust, I just cannot bring myself to be fully patriotic.