My Heroes are My Parents

Teehee94
No offense, but I hate when people ask me who my hero is. It’s not that I dislike heroes or charitable people, my problem is just that I can never pick one person that really stands out to me as heroic.
I mean, sure, I’ve got my friends who inspire me by striving for their goals vigorously, setting an example for me. There are my teachers, who have all the knowledge in the world and yet have humbly accepted low wages to pass it on to me and my peers. My college-bound brother is inspiring also, pushing through those unknown boundaries and showing me the way.
You can see why I don’t like picking a hero. The fact of the matter is that there are so many people in my life that influence me, sometimes in ways I don’t even realize right away. How could I possibly narrow it down to a single one?
But alright, I’ll go against everything I just said and try anyway.
If I had to pick, I would say my heroes are my parents.
No, they haven’t cured cancer. My goodness, they can barely work a computer.
But my dad, he gets up and he puts food on our table. He holds his own against my stereotypical teenager ‘tude and still loves me all the same. My mom, she wakes up at the crack of dawn to go attempt to teach kindergartners the alphabet, only to have them puke in her lap.
They could mope about the Porsche we don’t have, they could yell and scream at me for not doing the litter box until their throats went dry and they could ground my brother for forever after he stayed out late at night.
But they wouldn’t be my heroes if they did that.
They carry on with life in their quiet, content way, with a smile on their face and goodness in their hearts. They don’t lead a glamorous lifestyle and they aren’t exactly raking in the money. However, they go to church faithfully, they put up with me and my brother impressively, and I increasingly find myself hoping that I’ll be like them when I get older.
What do you know; I think I’ve finally solved my dilemma with choosing heroes.