Trust and Safety: Government, School, and Home

<3sports
Although I usually do not think of the dangers of a terrorist attack, a school shooting, or cyber bullying and online predators on a daily basis, I do believe my government, school, and my parents will do their best to keep me safe. My government, school, and parents show me they are trying to protect me when the government scans passengers for weapons before they board the air plane, my school practices a lockdown in case of an intruder, and my parents put restrictions on the computer.
The government keeps the citizens of the United States safe by scanning passengers in airports. When I go to the airport and have to wait in a line to go through the scanner, it can be a hassle, but it is worth waiting in line to know you will be safer on your plane ride. The government has spent $40 billion dollars on airport security since 9/11 to make U.S. citizens safer on planes. Even though the government needs to cut spending, it is important that they keep citizens safe from terrorists. Although I know the government cannot always keep me safe, I know they try to.
When my school practices a lockdown, it shows me they really care for my safety. Practicing a lock down reminds me a school shooting really could happen and that I could be in danger. When practicing a lockdown, it takes time out of the day, but it is important to know what to do in that situation. By practicing the lockdowns, the teachers and students all know what to do when we are in danger.
My parents keep me safe from cyber bullying and online predators by putting restrictions on the computer. My parents have a rule that I can only friend people I know on Facebook which keeps me safe from people who would want to bully me or hurt me. When I do not friend a person that I do not know, they can never start bullying or talking to me. But if I had friended them I would be allowing strangers to post messages to me on Facebook. By giving me guidelines to follow it shows that they care enough for me that they would take time to make rules that keep me safe.
I trust the government, my school, and parents to do their best to keep me safe even if it means the cost of money or using time. I know they cannot always keep me safe, and that I need to be responsible for my own actions and not expect to be bailed out of every danger. But I know I can trust my leaders, teachers and parents to take care of me.