Trust and Safety: Before you leave the ground

TeantaCoston123
Airports are some of the busiest places in the world. Everybody is trying to get on their plane on time. In addition, passengers are thinking are they really safe in an airport. Ever since September 11 people have been skeptical about going to airports. I strongly believe that airports are safe because of technology, guards, and passenger profiling.
Technology has improved greatly during the last few years. Since September 11, 2001 airports have improved their technology. They now have full body scanners that can spot bombs. So if someone tries to strap a bomb to them, the detectors will recognize it. Some people believe that this is an invasion of their privacy; I used to think the same way. I care about my safety more than my privacy.
People can easily get lost in an airport, especially little children. Security Guards are qualified to help and protect people in the airport. If there is a problem the security guards will track the situation and solve it. Security guards can help save your life or find your lost child. For example, if there’s a person shooting in the airport the security guards will do their best to try and stop them. They will risk their life to help save yours.
Passenger profiling is when you scope out a person that looks suspicious. It may be wrong but it is true. For instance, on September 11 people saw foreigners from Iraq and felt apprehensive. Today when people see foreigners they don’t know, they feel like they are in danger. When you passenger profile you are keeping yourself safe from danger even if it’s real danger or not. It’s always good to be on alert, even if it’s not just profiling a specific race. For example, if a man was wearing all black and was standing near the bathroom door you wouldn’t go in the bathroom.
Overall the government is trying to make the airport a safe place. They remember what happened on September 11 and they are trying to make airports a safe and better place to be. In other words they are trying to catch the people before they leave. They can achieve this goal because of technology, guards, and passenger profiling.