STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Trust and Safety: Before you leave the ground

TeantaCoston123
Airports are some of the busiest places in the world. Everybody is trying to get on their plane on time. In addition, passengers are thinking are they really safe in an airport. Ever since September 11 people have been skeptical about going to airports. I strongly believe that airports are safe because of technology, guards, and passenger profiling.
Technology has improved greatly during the last few years. Since September 11, 2001 airports have improved their technology. They now have full body scanners that can spot bombs. So if someone tries to strap a bomb to them, the detectors will recognize it. Some people believe that this is an invasion of their privacy; I used to think the same way. I care about my safety more than my privacy.
People can easily get lost in an airport, especially little children. Security Guards are qualified to help and protect people in the airport. If there is a problem the security guards will track the situation and solve it. Security guards can help save your life or find your lost child. For example, if there’s a person shooting in the airport the security guards will do their best to try and stop them. They will risk their life to help save yours.
Passenger profiling is when you scope out a person that looks suspicious. It may be wrong but it is true. For instance, on September 11 people saw foreigners from Iraq and felt apprehensive. Today when people see foreigners they don’t know, they feel like they are in danger. When you passenger profile you are keeping yourself safe from danger even if it’s real danger or not. It’s always good to be on alert, even if it’s not just profiling a specific race. For example, if a man was wearing all black and was standing near the bathroom door you wouldn’t go in the bathroom.
Overall the government is trying to make the airport a safe place. They remember what happened on September 11 and they are trying to make airports a safe and better place to be. In other words they are trying to catch the people before they leave. They can achieve this goal because of technology, guards, and passenger profiling.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy