Trust and Safety: Issues in Homes of Domestic Violence

qwinborne96
A lot of children grow up seeing loved one’s abused physically and verbally. It affects children because it messes with the inner feelings. Children who grow up in a home with domestic violence end up getting or being abused. This makes the home an untrustworthy place and not safe for children or adults. Domestic violence could lead younger kids to have suicidal thoughts, a broken home, and hatred within the family.

Personally, I have with domestic violence..One day my father came out the room with bloody hands. I ran to the room to my mother as quick as I could only to find her with a closed , busted eye, and swollen jaws. I could never look at my father the same. As time passed, my father abused my mom over and over again. I asked my mom why do we have go through this? If there was something I could have done I would have done it but I was scared. Scared of being hurt and scared for my family.

Domestic violence in the home could lead younger kids as it did for me to have suicidal thoughts. Seeing someone close to you getting hurt so violently makes you feel there is no point in living. Every night I cried myself to sleep praying to God when I wake up my father would be gone. He never left he just fussed every morning and hit my mother. Those were the miserable days of my life and I can never forget it.

Many homes have been broken because of domestic violence issues. For example, there was this girl abused by her father. She would go to school with bruises on her face and lie saying she fell playing outside. One day her teachers reported it to Social Services and they investigated her home and just as they arrived, her daddy had just beaten her and her mom up.The police came and arrested her father and carried her and her siblings to a different foster home. She never saw her brothers and sisters again.

Domestic violence can bring hatred between the family. For example, my cousin Bianka and her mother don’t get along because her mother use to let her boyfriends beat her. Men would abuse Bianka if she didn’t give them sex. One day Bianka’s mother was getting high with a man and the man beat Bianka so bad she had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks. Bianka had broken bones in her left arm and right leg. Thank God she is still alive today and back on her feet.

Domestic violence makes homes not trustworthy and not safe for any human being. I know this from personal experience and hearing others stories. If you’re having issues with domestic violence talk to someone you trust and get some help before it’s too late. Domestic violence could bring thoughts of suicide, tears homes apart, and causes animosity between families.