STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Trust and Safety: Issues in Homes of Domestic Violence

qwinborne96
A lot of children grow up seeing loved one’s abused physically and verbally. It affects children because it messes with the inner feelings. Children who grow up in a home with domestic violence end up getting or being abused. This makes the home an untrustworthy place and not safe for children or adults. Domestic violence could lead younger kids to have suicidal thoughts, a broken home, and hatred within the family.

Personally, I have with domestic violence..One day my father came out the room with bloody hands. I ran to the room to my mother as quick as I could only to find her with a closed , busted eye, and swollen jaws. I could never look at my father the same. As time passed, my father abused my mom over and over again. I asked my mom why do we have go through this? If there was something I could have done I would have done it but I was scared. Scared of being hurt and scared for my family.

Domestic violence in the home could lead younger kids as it did for me to have suicidal thoughts. Seeing someone close to you getting hurt so violently makes you feel there is no point in living. Every night I cried myself to sleep praying to God when I wake up my father would be gone. He never left he just fussed every morning and hit my mother. Those were the miserable days of my life and I can never forget it.

Many homes have been broken because of domestic violence issues. For example, there was this girl abused by her father. She would go to school with bruises on her face and lie saying she fell playing outside. One day her teachers reported it to Social Services and they investigated her home and just as they arrived, her daddy had just beaten her and her mom up.The police came and arrested her father and carried her and her siblings to a different foster home. She never saw her brothers and sisters again.

Domestic violence can bring hatred between the family. For example, my cousin Bianka and her mother don’t get along because her mother use to let her boyfriends beat her. Men would abuse Bianka if she didn’t give them sex. One day Bianka’s mother was getting high with a man and the man beat Bianka so bad she had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks. Bianka had broken bones in her left arm and right leg. Thank God she is still alive today and back on her feet.

Domestic violence makes homes not trustworthy and not safe for any human being. I know this from personal experience and hearing others stories. If you’re having issues with domestic violence talk to someone you trust and get some help before it’s too late. Domestic violence could bring thoughts of suicide, tears homes apart, and causes animosity between families.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy