Trust and Safety: Safety Of Traveling

kbodell95
While traveling I want to be safe and know that I am going to be safe. I want the cops or the state troopers to be there when I need them. I don’t want to be in a situation when drinking drivers are on the road and I get into a head on collision. When I get older I am not going to be drinking and driving and not ride with people that have been drinking. I have seen what alcohol does to people when driving I have an aunt that has been in that situation. One morning I was riding the bus to school one morning and I pulled out my cellphone and called my grandma. I asked her what was she doing and she told me that my aunt has been in a head on collision, I didn’t believe her because she used to play around like that. So I called my mom and she said that she has been in accident they told me she was drinking and driving, that she had hit a woman head on. That woman said right before that accident that she just dropped off her little boy at hers mothers. The cops said that if she would have the baby in the car that the baby wouldn’t be alive. This happen in 2007 and my aunt just got her license back from that. She had to go rehab for drinking. I never want to be in a situation like that. That why I want to be safe while traveling anything can happen to you even if you’re going right down the road. When I was younger they used to say all wrecks happen from at least ten miles from your house. My aunt was almost home when the accident happen that night. She said that night has changed her life forever and that she wouldn’t never drink and drive again.
Most teens these day text and drive almost 16,000 teens died in 2006-2009 for texting and driving. One of my friends that I went to school with was driving down the road and his phone feel in the floor that when bent over to get the phone he swerved off the road and hit that concrete piece in everybody drive way. It flew him up and landed on its hood, the guy that was with him was alright didn’t have a scratch on him but when he looked over to the driver he said that his neck was in his lap. He had broken his neck and that what killed him. This is why I do not text and drive when I get in a vehicle I usually throw my phone in the back seat because I do not want to be distracted. That is why I don’t drink and drive nor text and drive. Hopefully when I drive I want experience any of these situation I know I want drink or text while texting.

Hi, I'm the PR Coordinator for Stage of Life. I'm leaving you this comment to let you know that your essay for our Trust and Safety writing contest was one of the finalists. Congratulations!

http://www.stageoflife.com/TeensTrustandSafety.aspx

Feel free to share this news with your friends and family. To be named an essay finalists in our national writing competition is a big deal. Our previous winners have been talked about on TIME.com and other media outlets.

Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:01:01 PM