STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Trust and Safety: Safety Of Traveling

kbodell95
While traveling I want to be safe and know that I am going to be safe. I want the cops or the state troopers to be there when I need them. I don’t want to be in a situation when drinking drivers are on the road and I get into a head on collision. When I get older I am not going to be drinking and driving and not ride with people that have been drinking. I have seen what alcohol does to people when driving I have an aunt that has been in that situation. One morning I was riding the bus to school one morning and I pulled out my cellphone and called my grandma. I asked her what was she doing and she told me that my aunt has been in a head on collision, I didn’t believe her because she used to play around like that. So I called my mom and she said that she has been in accident they told me she was drinking and driving, that she had hit a woman head on. That woman said right before that accident that she just dropped off her little boy at hers mothers. The cops said that if she would have the baby in the car that the baby wouldn’t be alive. This happen in 2007 and my aunt just got her license back from that. She had to go rehab for drinking. I never want to be in a situation like that. That why I want to be safe while traveling anything can happen to you even if you’re going right down the road. When I was younger they used to say all wrecks happen from at least ten miles from your house. My aunt was almost home when the accident happen that night. She said that night has changed her life forever and that she wouldn’t never drink and drive again.
Most teens these day text and drive almost 16,000 teens died in 2006-2009 for texting and driving. One of my friends that I went to school with was driving down the road and his phone feel in the floor that when bent over to get the phone he swerved off the road and hit that concrete piece in everybody drive way. It flew him up and landed on its hood, the guy that was with him was alright didn’t have a scratch on him but when he looked over to the driver he said that his neck was in his lap. He had broken his neck and that what killed him. This is why I do not text and drive when I get in a vehicle I usually throw my phone in the back seat because I do not want to be distracted. That is why I don’t drink and drive nor text and drive. Hopefully when I drive I want experience any of these situation I know I want drink or text while texting.
Rate this:
Comment by mcoly618

Hi, I'm the PR Coordinator for Stage of Life. I'm leaving you this comment to let you know that your essay for our Trust and Safety writing contest was one of the finalists. Congratulations!

Here's the link to the contest summary page. We'll be formally announcing the winner soon.
http://www.stageoflife.com/TeensTrustandSafety.aspx

Feel free to share this news with your friends and family. To be named an essay finalists in our national writing competition is a big deal. Our previous winners have been talked about on TIME.com and other media outlets.

Congrats again. We look forward to seeing more of your essays/writing on StageofLife.com. Thanks for helping us in our mission of creating the world's largest pool of cross-generational stories.
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:01:01 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy