STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Trust and Safety: In homes

J.R.C.baby(:
Drug and alcohol use and abuse causes problems with safety in the homes. When a parent or family member is addicted to drugs, or alcohol it can tear a family apart, and make children not safe in their own home. When somebody is drunk or high they don’t have a complete thought, or know what they are about to do; which puts children in danger.
People these days have no idea who they are putting in danger when they take that first sip of beer or liquor, or that first hit of marijuana, heroin, etc. They are putting family members, friends and innocent people in danger when they do these terrible things. I hate for these children to see the people they look up to doing illegal substances or getting drunk, because little kids look up to older people, and watch every move they make. If they see their parents, or siblings doing drugs or drinking; chances are they are going to grow up and do the same.
My own personal experience, I know what it’s like to watch family members drink, and do drugs. I know what it’s like to have the police in your drive way at 3 A.M. to arrest your cousin that has gotten high off marijuana, got drunk and then stole some body’s car and wrecked it, and he didn’t have a license. I have had cops in my drive way all times of the night not just for my cousin, but for other family members as well for drugs and alcohol. I know what it is like to be the little kid watching the people you looked up to doing these things. I can honestly say I have never done drugs or been drunk, and I never will.
I’m not saying that this is how all households are, but I know there are too many households that are like that. Approximately 14 million people in the United States are addicted to alcohol or abuse alcohol. People every day are killed by drugs and alcohol, and kids are being influenced to do drugs and alcohol. I wonder what will happen to these little kids that have watched family members do illegal substances, and drink alcohol.
I think in this day in time, teenagers are what hold the future, and we need to take a stand. I know some people don’t know how to handle things like this, but others do and they should stand up for what is right. Teenagers should look out for the generation coming up after us, and help out the ones that are doing drugs and alcohol. Some people aren’t going to stand up for what is right because they are scared of what people will think of them, but what they don’t know is they will be helping out the world in so many ways. Take a stand, be different, do what’s right!
Rate this:
Comment by DarkStar49

Nice job! I think that the best testimonial is to learn from the mistakes of others! Your head is on the right track and your thoughts and ideas on que. Do something with it! This mindset can change the future.
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:57:34 AM
Rate this:
Comment by mcoly618

Hi, I'm the PR Coordinator for Stage of Life. I'm leaving you this comment to let you know that your essay for our Trust and Safety writing contest was one of the finalists. Congratulations!

Here's the link to the contest summary page. We'll be formally announcing the winner soon.
http://www.stageoflife.com/TeensTrustandSafety.aspx

Feel free to share this news with your friends and family. To be named an essay finalists in our national writing competition is a big deal. Our previous winners have been talked about on TIME.com and other media outlets.

Congrats again. We look forward to seeing more of your essays/writing on StageofLife.com. Thanks for helping us in our mission of creating the world's largest pool of cross-generational stories.
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:49:37 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy