STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Trust and Safety: What it really means?

Hj.Jasmine
To this day everyone’s definition of safety is entirely based on most of their feelings towards their own life or places that they feel safe at. The dictionary definition is that it’s the state of being certain that adverse affects will not be caused by some agent under defined conditions. Trust is also a word that as humans have a hard time finding its true meaning, to many people it means to rely a piece of want you want to be protected in people. As we are people the definition of trust is shredded into pieces and only the real definition from the dictionary states the true meaning of trust, the trait of believing in the honesty and reliability of others.
In my generation and the ones before mine it seems to that our school environment safety today has been in a questionable jeopardy since the first day of their school year. The Columbine shooting may not have been in the year of my generation when we began to start school, but its impact on the world brought us to learn about that one fatal day. I have felt that our safety in school has not been what it actually should be since that day. Every day as I walked down my High School halls I can't help, but wonder how many of these teenage people that I know will see any violence in their life or never see peace in their days. Our school may be small, but the way everyone in the world hides themselves from others you got to wonder what they may be thinking about their future.
In the world our government says that we have a great national security, but I beg to say that they are wrong. “Let every eye negotiate for itself and trust no agent.” A quote by William Shakespeare is what I understand as the best way to go about your life. It means that you should just trust yourself to do the right thing, but not to trust any other type of agent like your government. To this day I hate to say this against my own government, but after 9/11 I question if our government has a chance to protect us not only from ourselves but from others who don’t want like us to intervene. From the first day that our government has been in power I think that it has been corrupted and how can you proclaim safety to people if your own safety is jeopardized? How can you have people trust in you when you barely can trust in other people in the world?

(This is my own opinion)
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy