Trust and Safety: Are we really safe?

julie97
Every parent does everything to keep their children safe. In some situations they really can’t do anything. Teens obviously don’t care about their surroundings, as long as they get what they want. Can the child tell them; do they trust them? Even though parents know what’s best for their family, the child might not think that. Teens are usually scared, or nervous to say anything to their parents. How would they react? Would they get in trouble? A mother and a father have high expectations for their children but do they know most of the problems of a kid in school? Schools don’t get informed until a tragedy happens. School is a place where you can be yourself, hangout with your friends, and feel safe.

Bullying happens all over the world on a regular day of school. If we as students don’t feel safe, we’re not going to do well in school. That’s why I don’t trust school to keep our environment safe. They really can’t do anything with verbal abuse unless they find out. Most of the time they have no clue. Emotion hurts more than physical abuse to some people. It’s not easy to take something every single day something that you don’t desire. Life for a kid is just having fun and why should it get ruined by an ignorant person in school.
Cyber bullying; online dangers are after these defenseless students. Unless the school is tracking the student they would never find out. These things shouldn’t happen; feelings are being hurt every second of their life. Everything is unexpected and to top that off, trying to explain everything to their parents. Some say its just life, but I say getting hurt when you have done nothing isn’t simply life. Many deaths occur such as suicides because they couldn’t handle the last straw. How would school know why did he/she killed themselves if they weren’t in there shoes.
School environment is suppose to feel safe, not entering the doors with fear. Things happen but there is a possibility to prevent it then we should. Fear and anxiety are feelings that a child shouldn’t experience at a young age. That’s why schools should be more active with all the students. Even if the student looks perfectly fine, this doesn’t mean they’re perfect inside. Things should change, we are the future. If we live in worry since childhood, growing up might be difficult and we will end up trusting nobody. It might be little as a pebble but might have a big impact on somebody’s life. That’s why I still think school environment isn’t safe.