Trust and Safety: Do you trust our institutions to keep us safe?

Lcsmileygirl82
No; I don’t really trust our institutions to keep us safe because then I’m putting my safety in someone else’s hands. You don’t the people that are actually out there protecting you. You just have to trust them that they will do their job and some people don’t. Do I trust my parents to keep my home safe? Yes because I actually know them, I trust them. If it was anyone else keeping my house safe, I would not trust them. Do I trust our school to keep my education environment safe? Yes and no. Yes because I actually know the teachers and the principles and the people in this school, but also you don’t know how they would handle something serious unless it happens. Do I trust our government to keep our national security safe? No, I don’t, I think the government is just all about the money and that’s it. Plus we have don’t know who they are or if their even trying as hard as we think. I think we all need to learn that we might not always have someone there to protect us. We need to be prepared for the worst. We all need to be independent and protect ourselves. Like the threat of internet predators, cyber bulling and other online dangers. The government cant really stop that. You can not control what a person does. They can try and prevent it but it does not mean that it is not going to happen anymore because it most likely will. The person doing it may pay the consciences but that don’t stop other people from doing it. The threat of school shootings and lock-downs, the school can only try and prevent that from happing. It hasn’t happened so far, but it could at any time. The threat of terrorism, any one could do that but hopefully we have a good system that will try and do their best and protect us from all of that. We just have hope, we don’t officially know for sure.