Trust and Saftey: Not So Much

angigina
I have issues with trust. I don’t really trust anyone or anything on my own free will, but I do hope that my school is able to keep my education environment safe. I don’t really trust schools because even though it’s not very common there’s that random school shooting or some kid brought a weapon to school every once in a while. But how would the school know about it before it happened? How could they have prevented it in the first place? In my opinion, some schools place too much trust upon their students to not bring any weapons to school. But if you think about it couldn’t a pencil be considered a weapon? Couldn’t scissors be considered a weapon? How do they know the kid doesn’t have a pocket knife in their backpack? If a kid had an little screwdriver for their glasses in their bag and a hand held pencil sharpener they could use the sharpener and the screwdriver as weapons! Yeah, I have trust issues.
I guess I have to trust my parents to keep the house safe but I’m not too sure about it. In some cases I’d trust my parents but not all. I’d trust them to take care of the house in the case of a fire, but in the case of a burglar I’d really only trust my dad to get the intruder out of the house, but I don’t see my dad very often, but anyway, no I don’t really trust them to take care of the house but I guess I have to.
I’m pretty sure I have to trust the national security as well. Because even though national security has increased greatly since 1999, I’m almost completely positive the new security measures aren’t foolproof. I think there will always be the possibility of something getting through the security system. But in the event of being asked; do you trust our institutions to keep us safe? I’d have to say that I have to because, when it comes down to it, what other choice do I have?