Trust and Safety: Are we really safe in this world?

mamas
There are many terrible things going on in the world around us. There are things we try to prevent, but sometimes we simply can’t. This world is becoming worse and worse. People are doing many wrong things and no one really feels safe anymore because you don’t know what will happen right now, in the present, or later on in the future.
There are several pre-cautions that schools and the government attempt in order to be safe.
In schools, if something is happening in the surrounding areas, many things have to be done. Students are kept in the rooms, trying to be hidden. The principals and teachers lock all the doors in the building, checking everything to be secure. Some people might feel safe, but truthfully I really don’t. They try their best to keep us safe, but what they do is just not enough. For some reason, if something bad is going on I always just want to be with my parents. They probably wouldn’t be able to do as much either to keep us safe, but I’m sure they’d try their best. Either way, if I feel that something terrible is happening I just want my parents around me because I feel most safe with them around me. I feel safe in my home since they are with me.
Now safety from our government, that’s a whole other story. Our government might have the money, weapons, courage, and people to protect us, but that does not mean they always will. Under certain circumstances, the government’s priorities may change for the best or for the worst. We just don’t know. We can’t always rely on what people say they are going to do. Sometimes we just have to take matters in to our own hands when trying to handle a situation. Sure the government seems like they protect all people in this country, but if something terrible were truly to happen not everyone would have the luck to come out safe because the government would end up only helping certain people.
In life, there are some people like me that won’t ever feel truly safe. We all know there is danger everywhere we go even if you can’t see it. That’s how the world has been for a long time now: danger on every corner. This will never change unless the people themselves change. If the bad people stopped robbing, killing, and just hurting everyone, maybe life on earth could change for the good of everybody. Things need to be done to stop all this violence and danger. Even if people are already working on this, we need to try harder. We need to try harder before something terrible happens that can change our world because if not, it will be too late. Who knows how everything could be.
There are times in our lives when we feel safe and other times when we don’t. But how we feel doesn’t really matter. All that matters is whether we are truly safe or not. That’s what it comes down to at the end. Our lives depend on our safety.