Trust and Safety

Miranda.(:
I do trust my parents to keep my house safe. My dad knows how to defend us, and he keeps us in a nice neighborhood. We always lock our doors and windows. My family knows how to react if someone were to break in, or if there were to be a house fire. Danger usually doesn’t come our way. We lock our car up, and we have an alarm on it, so nothing can happen to our car. My dad also has a license to carry a gun, for safety, but he doesn’t. My mom is a stay at home mom, so she’s usually there all the time, no one can think that the house is empty. My dad keeps all his valuables safe in a safe, so even if someone broke in, they couldn’t completely destroy my family. I do not trust my school to keep my education environment safe. First off, school starts before the sun even comes up. I walk in pitch dark on my way to the bus stop. What if someone was to kidnap me? I’d be gone just because we have to get up so early in the morning, and for what? No one would even have an idea where I went. My mom is still sleeping when I go to school. Students hate getting up, we are tired; we are not going to remember all this work without sleep. Second, germs are everywhere. The first week of school, like every year, I get a cold. I don’t know where these other kids come from or what they do. The toilet seats are disgusting. Bullying also, I know two teenagers that committed suicide, because school and all the people were taunting them. I get teased pretty much everyday, and it hurts like so much. Kids just don’t know when to stop, they cross the line. School shouldn’t even be in session anymore. We need to find a new way to learn. Teachers only care, about their favorite students, and if they have a really bad student, they treat them like crap. Lastly, do I trust my government to keep me safe? I do, but I don’t. Police are all around, yet we have at least five deaths every month around where I live. Little toddlers get shot, because there in between a shooting between two gangs. It’s sad really. Sometimes they find the bad guys, and sometimes they don’t. 9/11 wouldn’t have happened, if we where more cautious. The government is getting better, but I don’t think its fast enough. Also, what they let people put on the radio, and on TV, and on the internet, dirty, nasty, and inappropriate stuff. It’s everywhere. Little kids see it, and they think its okay. Now that I’m older, I see how rough the world is.