STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Trust and Safety

Miranda.(:
I do trust my parents to keep my house safe. My dad knows how to defend us, and he keeps us in a nice neighborhood. We always lock our doors and windows. My family knows how to react if someone were to break in, or if there were to be a house fire. Danger usually doesn’t come our way. We lock our car up, and we have an alarm on it, so nothing can happen to our car. My dad also has a license to carry a gun, for safety, but he doesn’t. My mom is a stay at home mom, so she’s usually there all the time, no one can think that the house is empty. My dad keeps all his valuables safe in a safe, so even if someone broke in, they couldn’t completely destroy my family. I do not trust my school to keep my education environment safe. First off, school starts before the sun even comes up. I walk in pitch dark on my way to the bus stop. What if someone was to kidnap me? I’d be gone just because we have to get up so early in the morning, and for what? No one would even have an idea where I went. My mom is still sleeping when I go to school. Students hate getting up, we are tired; we are not going to remember all this work without sleep. Second, germs are everywhere. The first week of school, like every year, I get a cold. I don’t know where these other kids come from or what they do. The toilet seats are disgusting. Bullying also, I know two teenagers that committed suicide, because school and all the people were taunting them. I get teased pretty much everyday, and it hurts like so much. Kids just don’t know when to stop, they cross the line. School shouldn’t even be in session anymore. We need to find a new way to learn. Teachers only care, about their favorite students, and if they have a really bad student, they treat them like crap. Lastly, do I trust my government to keep me safe? I do, but I don’t. Police are all around, yet we have at least five deaths every month around where I live. Little toddlers get shot, because there in between a shooting between two gangs. It’s sad really. Sometimes they find the bad guys, and sometimes they don’t. 9/11 wouldn’t have happened, if we where more cautious. The government is getting better, but I don’t think its fast enough. Also, what they let people put on the radio, and on TV, and on the internet, dirty, nasty, and inappropriate stuff. It’s everywhere. Little kids see it, and they think its okay. Now that I’m older, I see how rough the world is.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy