STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Trust and Safety: Do you trust our institutions to keep us safe?

Precious_15
Stop and think, about a young toddler on the first day of school, and their parents. How they are frightened, scared, excited, and, how parents go the extra mile to make sure they are comfortable. Extra snacks, extra paper, and glue sticks used to be what parents gave their precious children. In this society today, that’s no longer the case. Kids are being killed, raped, bullied, and it’s sickening to me, as a fifteen year old girl. Every teenager wants their space, their private time, but now when I go out, I clang to my mom for protection. No matter how old we get, this world isn’t safe. A lot of parents agree or disagree, about getting their child a cell phone. Note to parents: ALL KIDS NEED SOME TYPE OF PHONE. Like us kids hate showing our parents our bad grades, Parents hate to get calls from schools, or any type of bad news about their child. Like every school, they have fire drills, safety drills, and lockdowns. One particular day at my school, we thought we were having a regular monthly lockdown. This time it wasn’t practice. A seventeen year old boy had ran in our school with a gun, and was threatening faculty and students. Since when did teenagers in our society have guns? It’s sickening to know that most of us teenagers are killing, bullying, raping, and subtracting other teens and adults from the world. The main reason I believe us teenagers are doing what they are, because parents are losing communication with their kids. Most parents think their teenager doesn’t want to be bothered or talked to, NO YOUR SO WRONG. Talk to us; ask us about our day, what we learned, how are we feeling. It could be the shortest sentence, but it could make the biggest impact on us. Another thing is start having dinner at the table again. The dinner table is used to fellowship, eat, and have family time. It’s also a better opportunity to discuss problems of the world, and what’s going on, and how we can prevent from being another problem out there. You may say, “Oh their just kids, they don’t know anything”. We don’t know because you all don’t share. Inform us, and let us know about things to help us, and stop us from being in any danger. Also, make safety plans. Make lists of things that can prevent you and your family, just in case. Too many of us young people are dying, and losing our lives, when we don’t have too. Half of the people in jail are us, young people. We are wasting our dreams, hurting the world, and ourselves, and mostly our own parents. Think of ways we can all help our world to become a better place, we are the next generation. Let’s start using these ideas, so my future, won’t be considered another statistic.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy