Trust and Safety: Do you trust your government?

mmarkham
When the terrorists crashed their planes into the twin towers many people’s lives were dramatically changed. My mother lost her best friend and I started to lose my trust in our government. September 11th itself did not actually cause me to be distrustful, but it sparked something inside me that made me want to learn more about our government and pay attention to what was happening in the political games our congress is made up of.
As I started paying more attention to politics I learned many things that deeply disturbed me. One thing I learned was the many games congressmen play in order to get their downright ridiculous bills passed. Congressmen play a little ‘you pass my bill and I will pass yours’ kind of game. Even while we are facing a multi-trillion dollar deficit our congressmen are too lazy to make a bill that is for the greater good of the people. They have so called “Christmas tree bills” that allow the other congressmen to “hang” or include what amendments they want passed. Even on the congress’s “must pass bill” unrelated policy provisos called “riders.” Why is it that our congressmen are so lazy? Are we electing the wrong people? In my opinion, no. I believe that our government is so full of corrupt people that when adding new people to our government they are forced to follow along with the corrupt patterns that have already been put in place. It will take many truly sincere, headstrong fresh congressmen to establish a government that is less corrupt than it is. Until every face in our government is a fresh face, nothing will ever change.
Unfortunately, our judicial branch is corrupt to. Innocent till proven guilty, right? Technically yes, but that is exactly what our court system has become. I once heard a lawyer say something along the lines of it is not about the evidence or the truth, it is about who has the better argument. This has proven itself true many times. Just because you are proven guilty does not mean that you actually are guilty. There have been many cases where someone has been released from prison after serving their entire lives because the police have found the real perpetrator. There have also been instances where people, who are definitely guilty, like Casey Anthony, have been acquitted even though every single piece of evidence points to a guilty verdict. So tell me this, if our judicial branch is set in place for justice, then why are we not receiving it? There is only one answer, it is corrupt.
It all comes down to every part of our government being corrupt. Even while facing trillion dollar deficit our congress will not take the time to pass a bill that is for the greater good, and even though our judicial branch was set up for justice to be made, justice has become who can argue better and make persuade the people to believe false evidence. Any American who knows anything about our government, knows that it simply cannot be trusted.