STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Trust and Safety: Do you feel safe?

bitingbritt
I feel the safest at home. I trust my parents to keep it safe. Feeling safe at home is the most wonderful feeling and my parents making sure its safe is very important. Them overseeing the people that come in and out of our house and making sure they are safe for us kids to be around. My little cousins and my niece and nephew are always over at my house and making sure they are in a safe environment is very important to me. They aren’t old enough to look out for themselves so its important that they have people looking out for them. This is why it’s important for my parents to keep my house safe for my siblings and I and my family.

My school adminitrators keeping my school environment safe is imprtant because I want to feel safe where im creating the foundation for the rest of my life. If I didn’t feel safe in my school envirionment I probably would be paranoid and wouldn’t learn much. My school does feel safe to me and I apreciate them making it feel this way and putting all of the effort toward making us students feel safe. When I was in elementary I thought doing the drills and practicing was dumb and I thought there was no reason for it that nothing was going to happen to me or anybody at my school. Then as if grew up I saw all the stuff on the news and in books (biographies) about all the horrible things that could happen at school tornados, fires, shootings. Then I started taking all the drills and practices seriously and I was amazed at how safe my school is and how safe my school makes me feel. I love my school making sure my education environment is safe.

The government making sure that the country as a whole is safe is excruciatingly important. Feeling safe in our day-to-day lives makes the world a less chaotic place. The government protecting us from terrorist and people wanting to hurt us makes me feel safe living where is live. I feel very safe at home, at school, and in the government. Everyone should have at least one place that they feel completely safe and care free. I do, do you?
Rate this:
Comment by me-o-maya

Your ideas are really strong, and I loved your description of your school drills and how you started to view them differently. Your last sentence was also very strong leaving me to ponder where I feel safest.

That said I think you could work a little on a couple points. First off try reading what you write aloud. It makes you feel silly but it really helps you see where sentences feel too stiff or awkward. In some places you repeated words alot and a simple read through out loud to yourself would fix alot of the repetition.

Good work and keep writing!
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:54:05 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy