Trust and Safety: Do you feel safe?

bitingbritt
I feel the safest at home. I trust my parents to keep it safe. Feeling safe at home is the most wonderful feeling and my parents making sure its safe is very important. Them overseeing the people that come in and out of our house and making sure they are safe for us kids to be around. My little cousins and my niece and nephew are always over at my house and making sure they are in a safe environment is very important to me. They aren’t old enough to look out for themselves so its important that they have people looking out for them. This is why it’s important for my parents to keep my house safe for my siblings and I and my family.

My school adminitrators keeping my school environment safe is imprtant because I want to feel safe where im creating the foundation for the rest of my life. If I didn’t feel safe in my school envirionment I probably would be paranoid and wouldn’t learn much. My school does feel safe to me and I apreciate them making it feel this way and putting all of the effort toward making us students feel safe. When I was in elementary I thought doing the drills and practicing was dumb and I thought there was no reason for it that nothing was going to happen to me or anybody at my school. Then as if grew up I saw all the stuff on the news and in books (biographies) about all the horrible things that could happen at school tornados, fires, shootings. Then I started taking all the drills and practices seriously and I was amazed at how safe my school is and how safe my school makes me feel. I love my school making sure my education environment is safe.

The government making sure that the country as a whole is safe is excruciatingly important. Feeling safe in our day-to-day lives makes the world a less chaotic place. The government protecting us from terrorist and people wanting to hurt us makes me feel safe living where is live. I feel very safe at home, at school, and in the government. Everyone should have at least one place that they feel completely safe and care free. I do, do you?
Comment by me-o-maya

Your ideas are really strong, and I loved your description of your school drills and how you started to view them differently. Your last sentence was also very strong leaving me to ponder where I feel safest.

That said I think you could work a little on a couple points. First off try reading what you write aloud. It makes you feel silly but it really helps you see where sentences feel too stiff or awkward. In some places you repeated words alot and a simple read through out loud to yourself would fix alot of the repetition.

Good work and keep writing!
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:54:05 PM