Trust and Safety: Unbreakable No-More

Ostee
From a young age, American children are continually taught how great this nation is. Freedom, democracy, and equality are all terms drilled into the future of America from the get-go. Schools continually preach our renowned government system. But why is it that the children are not taught the reality. The reality is that our government is based off of money and who can get more of it. Truth be told I do not believe there is a single honest politician. Without an honest politician in the United States government I feel more in danger from my government rather than safe.
Let’s take a look at the Legislative Branch of our government. Congress makes up this branch and is arguably the greatest law making body in the history of mankind. Congress makes laws for the greater good of the American people, right? In theory yes, but in reality Congress is just full of people trying to make money. Members of Congress make 174 thousand dollars per year; this is close to four times the median salary of a typical American. So is the work of a Congressman worth four times of what a typical American makes? In my opinion the answer is no. For one Congress approves economic spending which the United States cannot afford. The United States is almost fifteen trillion dollars in debt. If that number, negative fifteen trillion dollars, does not make you feel sick you should be ashamed and try and fun senator. You would fit right in to the Senators who can’t seem to avoid bickering about meaningless political parties when America is crumbling at its core. Athens, Greece a small Mediterranean city just across the Atlantic Ocean seems to be suffering from the same economic parasite as America. Athens is plagued with almost a twenty five billion dollar deficit. No big deal right? I mean the US deficit is FIVE HUNDRED AND SIXTY times larger. You be the judge, is it a big deal when schools, hospitals, airports and railways are all shut down and riots fill the streets? I’m going to have to say that’s a pretty big issue and you can’t really ignore the fact that eventually this will happen here in America. The single reason why this has not occurred yet in America is the fact the American economy was much stronger than the Athens economy. So the complete breakdown and shutdown of the American public sector will eventually cease. The only question is when.
No I am not safe. I refuse to hide from reality and the illusion America is unbreakable. And I refuse to believe our monster of a government views my safety as a priority.

Hi, I'm the PR Coordinator for Stage of Life. I'm leaving you this comment to let you know that your essay for our Trust and Safety writing contest was one of the finalists. Congratulations!

http://www.stageoflife.com/TeensTrustandSafety.aspx

Feel free to share this news with your friends and family. To be named an essay finalists in our national writing competition is a big deal. Our previous winners have been talked about on TIME.com and other media outlets.

Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:47:13 PM