I learned from my mother that she went to Rome

anthony lucid
Years ago, my mom went to Rome when she was in her 20’s. She saw many wonderful things, but she also saw many peculiar things as well. One of those things was someone walking an elephant on a street sidewalk!
She told me that she was startled by this, but she quickly realized that it was just going to the circus tent on the other block, so she just kept on walking, wondering how many other weird things she would she in her time in Rome.
My mom said that in her time in Rome, that was one of the strangest things she had ever seen, and that she would remember that for a long time. However, she did not know exactly what her dad’s job was, because recently, she was startled to learn that her dad had actually driven some of the trains in the place where he worked. You should have seen her face when he said that.
I have heard several things from my parents’ stories of their travels, but seeing an elephant being walked like a dog on a sidewalk, with no one else being mystified, is one of the weirdest. It just goes to show you that life is strange, and you have to go to places to find them.