I Learned from my mother...

zkuehm14
Playing a sport in College is a great accomplishment no matter what sport it is. Whether it be lacrosse, baseball, softball, or even cricket to have the opportunity to play a sport that you love so much at such a high level of competition is superb.
This is exactly what I learned about my mom. She was seventeen and applying for college, now don’t get me wrong she was no dummy but her love was always in softball and basketball. It was spring of junior year and she had a softball game, and a college coach was there to do an ordinary scouting report. Well it later turned out that the coach was there to watch my mom play.
As time went on my mom and the coach of Penn State University started to talk about a possible scholarship to play for them. But by the time senior year came a round my mom was no longer in love with the game of softball and she decided to turn down the offer, so that someone who truly loved the game could play. My mom later found out that the girl who took the scholarship later went on to break records, and set new ones. After she heard that she knew that she made the right decision.
This story is not one that will ever change the way that I think of my mother. In life you have to do what you really love, and people change, and that is exactly what had happened to my mom. She changed and went from an athletic person to a very successful and very respected businesswoman. I will always try my best to follow in my moms footsteps, and maybe even get the opportunity to play a sport that I so love in college. If people went around criticizing others for one small decision that they made in life, than what kind of world would we live in? would it be a world of forgiveness, probably no so when ever I get the chance to believe that someone made the right decision, I am right beside them to encourage them the entire way.