I learned from my father...

nkalamaras14
The story that my Dad told me was about when he was a teenager working at a deli. One night three guys walked in the deli and asked him to make them sandwiches. My Dad was with one other person and it was around nine at night just before it was about to close. Only one of the three guys came in while the other two waited by the door. The second guy came in with a gun and told my Dad to give them all the money in the cash register. He ended up giving them the money, but the idea of having someone pointing a gun at you is terrifying. After they received the money the robbers left.
Although my view of my Dad did not change, it was interesting to hear about that story. If something were to have happened to him then he would have met my Mom and I would not be able to write about this story. My Dad was told that if anyone were to ever come and rob the deli to just give the robbers what they asked for. That was such a scary situation and I was surprised at how my Dad kept calm and did what he was told. I have a better understanding of my Dad and who he is. He generally keeps calm in stressful situations and that was a very good trait when it came to that night. Today he works as a banker and when there are cases of tellers or people getting guns or notes telling them to give them the money he hears about it. Depending on how far the branch is he might go and make sure everything is okay.