I learned from my father that your past doesn't make who you are now

Cheyenne
All through your life most parents tell their children their pasts, and how it affected their lives now. That's something that never happened with me and my father. My father keeps his past a secret from my sister and me; my mother has told me some things about his past, and from what I have heard it wasn’t a good one. In our pasts there are always skeletons in the closet, but those skeletons don’t make the people we are now. They might have some effect on our lives, but they don’t make or break us. We always have the option to make something more of our lives, and that’s what my father did. He had a horrible past, but now is working, has a home, married, and has two children. He didn’t allow his past ruin his future, and that’s what I have learned from my father.
Comment by Mele Writer

Loved it. Well done.

Posted: Friday, June 3, 2011 4:37:08 AM