I Overcame Problematic Parents

cooper2012
I overcame a bad situation during my childhood. My childhood wasn’t average. Most of my life I have lived with my dad. I underwent physical and emotional abuse. It was bad enough that child protective services had to come in and take me from that situation. It was a horrible experience, and my dad disowned me and wants nothing to do with me. When I was there I had no chance to college. My father believed in a religion that teaches that you cannot go to college because it distracts you from God. I had to believe in his religion and I was unable to better my future. Soon after his divorce with my mother, he remarried a woman who also treated me bad. I was constantly punished. Child protective services came in and took me to my grandma and grandpa’s house for year. It was much better for me, but they also practiced the same religion as my father and did not want to help me go to college. After that I started talking to my mom for the first time about a year ago, and she seemed very nice, so I decided to live with her. The first couple weeks went by, and it was great. Then I discovered that she was an alcoholic’. Her habit got worse and worse. When she drank she told me that I was selfish, and a bad person. She also told me that I won’t get anywhere in life. Now I live with my sister, and she’s trying to help me. I have always wanted to go to college, and now I finally have the opportunity.