I overcame the loss of hope from junior year

Sean Madison
How many people go into high school and say they are going to get straight A’s and actually do? I got lucky as I went through my first two years in high school. Even taking a full college course in 8 weeks over the summer was not as hard as Junior Year. By the time Junior Year finally comes by stress just becomes tiring. Things feel as if they should stay they same, but carelessness leads to low work habits and the loss of hope for your dreams.
The year hit the ground running, with no break between summer courses and the school year. Juggling 3 AP classes, marching band, and cross-country was a great responsibility. By the time the report card rolled in getting my first B crushed me. Instead of acting as a wake up call, it initially destroyed me. It made everything up to that point seem worthless.
All hope was lost at one point, and I stopped caring about my college dreams. I couldn’t do one thing right in life. I thought my parents would be the most upset, but they supported me and said that it was not the end of the world. I learned over time that if Plan A fails you can’t just sit down and give up, you have to move onto Plan B. My new goal in life was to do the best I could possibly ever do and to never give up. By the time I set my new goal and learned this lesson it was almost too little too late. The next report card came in, and it was the same old story. My next B came in and I was ready to stop, but I couldn’t stop this time.
When AP tests and SAT testing rolled in something changed in me. I went into survival mode of do or die, and I did not end up dying. I never wanted to go back to the day where I felt hopelessness, and that everything was pointless in life. School became my biggest priority even if that meant sleepless nights and not doing anything fun. It was all worth it in the end because accomplishing something meaningful in my life was priceless. Currently facing the last two weeks of the must difficult year of my life, I am now hopeful for the outcome of my report card. I ended up doing the best I could do.
I overcame my loss of hope and broken dreams. If at first I don’t succeed I always have a second plan. There is no time to lose hope. The best of you is shown when you can recoup from a difficult situation in life. Don’t ever stop believing in yourself.