I overcame "senioritis" and procrastination

Kaven862
Senior year is a big deal for high school students. It's your last year where you can enjoy being free before you go out and start your own life. Between the stress of all the tests and college applications it was a surprise to me that I didn't have some kind of nervous breakdown. I’m not exactly a perfect student but I’m not every teachers nightmare either. I just had a bad habit of procrastinating and senior year it only got worse because of a severe case of “senioritis”. Towards the end of the year my grades started to slip into the D to F range which raised a red flag and I thought to myself “When‘s graduation…?” . I knew I had done this to myself and that I’d have to take charge of the situation but I didn’t know if I could. There was just too much and I started to get really nervous. I wasn’t ready to face off an army of incomplete assignments, I was only one person. I thought I was all alone but luckily I wasn't and it took me the last month of school to realize that. There are so many people that helped me get through this last year of high school.
My cousin Vicky and my friend Paige where always there to motivate me whenever the dreaded "senioritis" got too bad. They would sit me down, make sure I did my work and they would threaten some sort of ridiculous consequence if I didn’t, and I usually did because no matter how trivial the threats I knew they would follow through with them. Every other week one of them would make sure I stayed on track and if not for them I would’ve given in to apathy. The funny thing about this is that I thought they might have been working together but they didn’t really know each other too well.
I also had my counselor who is an extremely patient person, she did have to deal with me for four years. I was down in her office a lot. My counselor wasn't just another adult nagging me about my performance but she became a trustworthy friend throughout the years. She’s been there for me almost as much as my friends were and I knew she only wanted what was best for me. Sometimes she would call me down to her office just to check up on me and make sure life wasn’t getting me too down.
Without these people’s support I probably wouldn’t have managed to keep my grades up and its thanks to them that I will be walking across a stage a high school graduate.
Comment by Mele Writer

VERY NICE!!!
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 1:05:34 PM