I Overcame Bad Friends

hydiahunte
High school is the place where it all happens. You meet new friends that you can share your secrets with, join clubs and just have fun. Well for me as a ninth grader attending Clara Barton High School I have yet to seek any of these things, recently I have been having some trouble finding out who my real friends are. My definition of true friends are people who don’t judge you, who understands you and knows why you do the things you do. Lastly true friends are people who have your back and are ready to listen to whatever problems you are dealing with.
This school year I have many friends but I don’t consider them to be good friends. My friends are always laughing at me constantly everyday at school. I don’t know why but it isn’t always good. They take me for a joke. They make fun of at the fact that I eat spaghetti with a little bit of sugar, the music that I listen to, the way I look and what I do. I don’t think they mean to hurt me in any way but I don’t think they know that it hurts and affects me deeply.
A few days ago while my classmates and I was in global history taking a test. I was the first one to finish my test so I turned around to the girl behind it just so happened to be one of my friends. There was only about five minutes left in the class and I wanted to inform her about how much time she had left so I told her. As an outcome of this result she yelled some very stern words about me and at me in front of the whole. I managed to fake a smiled and then I turned around. I tried so hard to hold back the tears because I didn’t want everyone in the class to see me cry. Finally the bell rang and I hurried to my next class. For the rest of that day I was depressed. When I got home I cried for a very long time I only told her that with intentions to help. If I had not went home and cried I wouldn’t have started to wonder.
I have thought and wondered for about an hour. This wasn’t the first time something like this has happened to me it has been going on for quite a while. I guess I gotten so use to it that I just ignored the problem but it only got worst. I think this issue has a lot to do with the fact that I am very small for my age so people think that they can treat and talk to me any way they want. That night I stayed up later than usual making a list of all the people who hurt and judge me. From that night on I have vowed to never speak to them again. I don’t know if it was the right solution but it sure has helped me.
Since that night my grades have gone back on track. Most nights I don’t worry about what is going to happen to me tomorrow or who is going to hurt me next. Also I have had more fun than in my whole life time. It was the little things such as my former friends who have been tearing my life apart. Now I have only two people in my life that I am not afraid to call my true friends. I owe it all to them and I am extremely proud to say “I overcame bad friends.”