I overcame getting through high school

jjo540
The most problem that I might have had overcome this year would be actually making it to graduation. I never thought that I would be able to graduate I always messed up in high school, so in the result of it I was lacking credits to graduate so I thought that it was the end of it for me. I thought that I was not going to graduate, so I was about to give up in school and just forget about it. But it took a lot of encouragement to get me where I am now. When I figured that I can do it, I put a lot of effort into trying my best to make it to the end.
It started out getting into a lot of trouble in my first two years of high school, I didn’t really care what people thought of me because I was having too much fun trying to get know where in life. I thought that I had it made because of how many friends that I had and the future didn’t really matter no matter what teachers and counselors told me. I would hear that I need to change my attitude everyday because it is just making things worse for my school; I would also miss school because I never really like school growing up. And everybody would tell me to go to school and just finish off strong. I thought that I could get people off of my back if I tried a little. When this happened I noticed the difference in how people seen me.
But later on during my sophomore year in school, started using drugs and when I started using drugs it brought me down even more and I thought that the drugs were the only thing in my life that I needed because of how bad I was using it. I would miss school for sometimes weeks because I was always high and I didn’t want to be at school because it was a waste of my time. After using drugs for awhile I got into trouble with it and it was really bad because not only was it because of the drug but my addiction.
While everything that was happening to me set in I had to make a decision, and that decision was either become successful or become a failure and end up getting into trouble all the time. So I decided I would make the best of it and get caught up in school so that I can graduate, it took a lot of effort to do it but I overcame those obstacles. Now I am on track to graduate this year and I am proud of it, because now I am going to become the person I never thought that I would become. Even though I have a really rough past I see it as overcoming a really big obstacle that would change my future forever. And now I am going to college.