STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I overcame getting through high school

jjo540
The most problem that I might have had overcome this year would be actually making it to graduation. I never thought that I would be able to graduate I always messed up in high school, so in the result of it I was lacking credits to graduate so I thought that it was the end of it for me. I thought that I was not going to graduate, so I was about to give up in school and just forget about it. But it took a lot of encouragement to get me where I am now. When I figured that I can do it, I put a lot of effort into trying my best to make it to the end.
It started out getting into a lot of trouble in my first two years of high school, I didn’t really care what people thought of me because I was having too much fun trying to get know where in life. I thought that I had it made because of how many friends that I had and the future didn’t really matter no matter what teachers and counselors told me. I would hear that I need to change my attitude everyday because it is just making things worse for my school; I would also miss school because I never really like school growing up. And everybody would tell me to go to school and just finish off strong. I thought that I could get people off of my back if I tried a little. When this happened I noticed the difference in how people seen me.
But later on during my sophomore year in school, started using drugs and when I started using drugs it brought me down even more and I thought that the drugs were the only thing in my life that I needed because of how bad I was using it. I would miss school for sometimes weeks because I was always high and I didn’t want to be at school because it was a waste of my time. After using drugs for awhile I got into trouble with it and it was really bad because not only was it because of the drug but my addiction.
While everything that was happening to me set in I had to make a decision, and that decision was either become successful or become a failure and end up getting into trouble all the time. So I decided I would make the best of it and get caught up in school so that I can graduate, it took a lot of effort to do it but I overcame those obstacles. Now I am on track to graduate this year and I am proud of it, because now I am going to become the person I never thought that I would become. Even though I have a really rough past I see it as overcoming a really big obstacle that would change my future forever. And now I am going to college.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy