I overcame my parent's divorce

sapcheer
I overcame my parents divorce. Life is not supposed to be easy, because if it were, we wouldn’t have to try. Life may not always go as we want it, but we have to get over it. For the things we cannot change, we have to have the will to accept them. When things go wrong in my life, I want to try to fix it. Some things are unfixable though. These are the kinds of things that make life hard. One of the toughest things that I have been through is my parents’ divorce.
It was heartbreaking, I never saw it coming. Still getting over it, I knew I had to move along with life because I can’t control my parents’ actions. Thinking back to the day my brother called me crying, makes me sad, but also makes me think how much stronger I have become. I could not believe all of it was happening because it did not seem real. It seemed as if it was all a dream, and sometimes it still feels like a dream. I knew I could not sit around and wait until things got better, so I did all I could to keep myself busy. It was never easy.
I am proud of myself for proceeding on with my life. I did not want to experience having divorced parents; not only because it is sad, but because it is stressful. One positive outcome was that I became closer to both of my parents. Before their divorce I took my family for granted. Now that I realize some things aren’t always going to go how I want, I live life day by day. I try to spend a lot of time with both my mom and dad. I know they still are getting through things, just as I am, but it’s hard to overcome because we are no longer one family. Moving on from something like this seems impossible to me. I have lived my whole life with my mom, dad, and brother as one whole family. It is weird to live a completely different life, but all I can do is pray. There is no easy way out, so I live each day to its fullest.
I am glad that I have the strength to get through my parents’ divorce and all the changes that have come along with it. It has been tough, and it may show. I still think about it often but I also think about how good it was to move along from it. Considering there is nothing I could do to change what was happening.