STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I overcame my parent's divorce

sapcheer
I overcame my parents divorce. Life is not supposed to be easy, because if it were, we wouldn’t have to try. Life may not always go as we want it, but we have to get over it. For the things we cannot change, we have to have the will to accept them. When things go wrong in my life, I want to try to fix it. Some things are unfixable though. These are the kinds of things that make life hard. One of the toughest things that I have been through is my parents’ divorce.
It was heartbreaking, I never saw it coming. Still getting over it, I knew I had to move along with life because I can’t control my parents’ actions. Thinking back to the day my brother called me crying, makes me sad, but also makes me think how much stronger I have become. I could not believe all of it was happening because it did not seem real. It seemed as if it was all a dream, and sometimes it still feels like a dream. I knew I could not sit around and wait until things got better, so I did all I could to keep myself busy. It was never easy.
I am proud of myself for proceeding on with my life. I did not want to experience having divorced parents; not only because it is sad, but because it is stressful. One positive outcome was that I became closer to both of my parents. Before their divorce I took my family for granted. Now that I realize some things aren’t always going to go how I want, I live life day by day. I try to spend a lot of time with both my mom and dad. I know they still are getting through things, just as I am, but it’s hard to overcome because we are no longer one family. Moving on from something like this seems impossible to me. I have lived my whole life with my mom, dad, and brother as one whole family. It is weird to live a completely different life, but all I can do is pray. There is no easy way out, so I live each day to its fullest.
I am glad that I have the strength to get through my parents’ divorce and all the changes that have come along with it. It has been tough, and it may show. I still think about it often but I also think about how good it was to move along from it. Considering there is nothing I could do to change what was happening.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy