Prom: The Night of Doom

priya1243
Prom is the night every teenager dreams of and begins to plan for the moment they walk through the doors of high school. You see that junior that you think is cute and wish that he would ask you to prom. However, prom comes at a great price. In fact, this night can destroy your entire life. As teenagers, we are old enough to make decisions based on common sense, but what if we lacked common sense on prom night?
The excitement prom gives is like a drug itself that keep you dancing on the top of mountain ecstasy. On the other hand, we tend to make stupid decisions. We expose ourselves to alcohol, sex, and drugs; the whole package in one night.
As I began to shop around for the stunning dress for prom, I contemplated how exciting the night would be. My girlfriends and I gossiped about everything that there is to know while putting on our dresses and make-up for the night. Girls are not the best at keeping secrets, and this episode before the actual prom begins the journey downhill. The rumors that were spread on prom night will be heard all around out school and hurt others. Then come of the handsome, charming young boys ready to take us to the night of our lives.
We stopped at P.F. Chang’s for dinner to enjoy some time before we head on over to Marriot Hotel. Laughing for hours, we joked about robbing a bank, getting wasted and other nonsense, not knowing that my friends will be committing one of the biggest mistakes of their lives.
The banquet hall was gorgeous in the dim lights and the once we stepped onto the dance floor, the night came alive. People with beautiful, silky dresses, food, music, and the laughter of teenagers. Unfortunately, the beauty of the night was just as prominent as were the negative aspects. Two boys in a corner drinking beer and others slowly joining them. As if that wasn’t enough, the commotion in the restrooms where drugs were being dealt out and people screaming like animals from the high. For a while, this didn’t disturb the party, not until a fight broke out outside in the hallway. Blood was dripping down the noses of two of my friends who were high and deluded. The night of our lives turned into a nightmare.
The cops were called and the two boys had to be arrested. Wait, the commotion hasn’t ended yet. Upstairs, in some “private” rooms, my fellow classmates, not a lot of them, but still, my classmates were fooling around with their boyfriends in bed. Of course they were arrested for the time being as well.
Is this truly the kind of elements we want to expose ourselves to? It is time rethink our actions. Think about the consequences the next time you see people drinking, doing drug, or having sex by taking advantage of the night when you are at the epitome of freedom.

Hi, I'm the PR Coordinator for Stage of Life. I'm leaving you this comment to let you know that your essay for our Teens and Media writing contest was one of the finalists. Congratulations!

http://www.stageoflife.com/prom.aspx

Two things...
1) I will be in touch with you via email (the one you used to register for StageofLife.com) to see if you'd like to be named in our national press release going out via PR Newswire.
2) Feel free to share this news with your friends and family. To be named an essay finalists in our national writing competition is a big deal. Our previous winners have been talked about on TIME.com and other media outlets.

Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:53:42 AM

You bring up some very strong points. It is unfortunate that the actions of some may make the experience a downer. We are all responsible for our actions both at prom and in the real world after. Great essay and good luck!
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:54:41 AM