STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Media: Television's Impact On My Life

keishax3
What media impacts your life the most ? Well, the form of media that has mostly impacted my life is Television. This is because I've learned many different, knowledgeable things while watching shows. While watching TV , I get to see things on the news that's happening right now in the world , current events like accident reports, what's happening to people, and the weather forecast. This gives me an idea on how to dress depending on the weather, accidents happening let's me know whether there's gonna be a lot of traffic or not, and other things just lets me know what to look out for or to understand the things everyone is going through. Not only does the news impact my life, but shows and movies too. Some show's teaches me and helps me learn what to do and what not to do. For example , the after effects of taking drugs, the difficulty of being a teen mom.I love watching games shows like Fear Factor where they have entertaining, dangerous obstacles. Also, Family Feud or Are You Smarter Than a Fifth grader where they see how smart you are and to test your skills. Watching all these shows, helps me in understand things and teaching me new things that I don't know of. Im addicted to some show's like the secret life of the American Teenager & Teen Mom because it's so interesting, and it always end with a missing piece. Another show is Jershey shore where they have a lot of drama going on but at the same time it's funny. American Idol makes me exicted, because there's always someone im rooting for to win and hoping they stay till the end. I get terrified knowing theres a chance that they might go home. While watching t.v , everything on my mind becomes erased and I only focus on what im watching. I also watch t.v while doing homework, it distracts me so easily. There's this channel where they play Hip-Hop, R&B music, so its much easier to listen to that channel instead of going on the computer. Whenever the shows I like is on , and if I had happen to miss it , I get so pissed off. I don't know what I would do without television. It always makes me feel happy knowing I could watch any thing I wanna see.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy