Media: Television's Impact On My Life

keishax3
What media impacts your life the most ? Well, the form of media that has mostly impacted my life is Television. This is because I've learned many different, knowledgeable things while watching shows. While watching TV , I get to see things on the news that's happening right now in the world , current events like accident reports, what's happening to people, and the weather forecast. This gives me an idea on how to dress depending on the weather, accidents happening let's me know whether there's gonna be a lot of traffic or not, and other things just lets me know what to look out for or to understand the things everyone is going through. Not only does the news impact my life, but shows and movies too. Some show's teaches me and helps me learn what to do and what not to do. For example , the after effects of taking drugs, the difficulty of being a teen mom.I love watching games shows like Fear Factor where they have entertaining, dangerous obstacles. Also, Family Feud or Are You Smarter Than a Fifth grader where they see how smart you are and to test your skills. Watching all these shows, helps me in understand things and teaching me new things that I don't know of. Im addicted to some show's like the secret life of the American Teenager & Teen Mom because it's so interesting, and it always end with a missing piece. Another show is Jershey shore where they have a lot of drama going on but at the same time it's funny. American Idol makes me exicted, because there's always someone im rooting for to win and hoping they stay till the end. I get terrified knowing theres a chance that they might go home. While watching t.v , everything on my mind becomes erased and I only focus on what im watching. I also watch t.v while doing homework, it distracts me so easily. There's this channel where they play Hip-Hop, R&B music, so its much easier to listen to that channel instead of going on the computer. Whenever the shows I like is on , and if I had happen to miss it , I get so pissed off. I don't know what I would do without television. It always makes me feel happy knowing I could watch any thing I wanna see.