Media: Made of Plastic and Little Girl's Dreams

KitKat
It's something that effects you girls especially UUUUBA thin celebrities with smooth skin and bright hair miniskirts lipstick boob jobs it's glamour and sex and fame it's the face on the cover of a glossy magazine perfect perfect an aim an unachievable goal to be that beautiful that perfect it's a lie angels exist on this earth and they're here now everywhere the truth is they're not angels they're people and even if we see that in all their mistakes cheating divorce drugs and drink somehow it's still glamorous I want to be that I want to wear a pretty dress everyday and sign the hands of adoring fans I want to be rich and famous a real-life goddess an angel fallen from heaven I want to have a princess wedding a fit boy perfect angel kids I want to have big boobs and cameras flash flash flash on me all the time with my smooth skin and bright hair this unobtainable beauty an unreachable goal somehow I have achieved I want to be loved by people I've never met
And that's the thing about the media it's all a lie a false reality we believe Barbie and Ken in the flesh but no one's that perfect so next time an advertisement for the latest beauty treatment flashes across your screen or you find a story in a magazine about one beautiful angel marrying another just remember they're real people not made of plastic or little girl's dreams that picture's been manipulated to unblemished perfection Barbie too gets break-outs and diarrhoea that's the truth
So just look that fake computer-perfected angel in the face and say F*** you, I'm gorgeous.
Comment by swma4life

love this! exactly on the point.
great writing :)
and coming from me, and i happen to be a girl, i can honestly say this is true. We all wanna be like what we see in the magazines, perfect face and perfect body. But everyone should be who THEY are, and not try to fit the image of someone else.
Posted: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 6:08:33 AM