STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Media: Made of Plastic and Little Girl's Dreams

KitKat
It's something that effects you girls especially UUUUBA thin celebrities with smooth skin and bright hair miniskirts lipstick boob jobs it's glamour and sex and fame it's the face on the cover of a glossy magazine perfect perfect an aim an unachievable goal to be that beautiful that perfect it's a lie angels exist on this earth and they're here now everywhere the truth is they're not angels they're people and even if we see that in all their mistakes cheating divorce drugs and drink somehow it's still glamorous I want to be that I want to wear a pretty dress everyday and sign the hands of adoring fans I want to be rich and famous a real-life goddess an angel fallen from heaven I want to have a princess wedding a fit boy perfect angel kids I want to have big boobs and cameras flash flash flash on me all the time with my smooth skin and bright hair this unobtainable beauty an unreachable goal somehow I have achieved I want to be loved by people I've never met
And that's the thing about the media it's all a lie a false reality we believe Barbie and Ken in the flesh but no one's that perfect so next time an advertisement for the latest beauty treatment flashes across your screen or you find a story in a magazine about one beautiful angel marrying another just remember they're real people not made of plastic or little girl's dreams that picture's been manipulated to unblemished perfection Barbie too gets break-outs and diarrhoea that's the truth
So just look that fake computer-perfected angel in the face and say F*** you, I'm gorgeous.
Rate this:
Comment by swma4life

love this! exactly on the point.
great writing :)
and coming from me, and i happen to be a girl, i can honestly say this is true. We all wanna be like what we see in the magazines, perfect face and perfect body. But everyone should be who THEY are, and not try to fit the image of someone else.
Posted: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 6:08:33 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy