Marriage: A Doubtless Forever

ciaobella14
You’ve found your one true love and both of you have never been happier! So the hard part is now over! It took you this many years to finally find someone you wouldn’t mind spending the rest of your life with, and nothing can be harder than that right?! Now it’s time to get through the wedding that will be so glamorous that it’s almost royal, and the beautiful and exotic honeymoon you’ve been looking forward to your whole life and to sit back and relax with the love of your life! It sounds easy enough and numerous fairytales have portrayed that there’s nothing else to it… But what the fairytales forgot to mention is that marriage is the ultimate trial of faith in oneself, one’s spouse and in true love.

One of the most well-known relationships presented to be as close to perfect as possible is portrayed between the Disney characters of Mickey and Minnie Mouse. It is perfectly clear that Mickey and Minnie are in love, but that does not mean that there are no obstacles in the way of it! Albeit they are the most famous and favorite characters from Walt Disney’s imagination, the personalities they’ve been given are not as perfect as one would think. Minnie Mouse is absolutely adorable and her personality is simply sweet and kind. But Minnie can also be bossy and a bit demanding, and Mickey is one extremely forgetful mouse… forgetting anniversary’s and special occasion’s all throughout their relationship. But through it all, the two remain together by working these problems out.

In my opinion, marriage is essential to many things in life. It is the key to one’s happiness, and also to one’s faith. By undergoing the sacrament of marriage, in whatever religion you are, it means that you are being bound in body and soul to the person you love. Deciding if the person is the man/woman for you could be scary. This is why some couples have decided to live together before marriage, and in some cases before engagement to see if it really is the perfect fit. I’m not sure that I agree with all aspects of this choice, but if a couple is living together before marriage for the purpose of avoiding a future divorce I would agree 100%.

One should not get married if they are not absolutely positive about it. The looming option of divorce completely defeats the purpose of marriage. Marriage is not temporary. It’s meant to be forever, “…till death do us part”. In the church, temple or other religious gathering place, the couple will promise to one another that they will be together forever. To break this promise is something that I would consider a sin. I understand that complex things can happen throughout life, but I also feel that it is possible to work out these complications without separating. If it’s love, it will be forever. Marriage should be doubtless. A legal document cannot break the bonds of the soul.