STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Marriage: A Doubtless Forever

ciaobella14
You’ve found your one true love and both of you have never been happier! So the hard part is now over! It took you this many years to finally find someone you wouldn’t mind spending the rest of your life with, and nothing can be harder than that right?! Now it’s time to get through the wedding that will be so glamorous that it’s almost royal, and the beautiful and exotic honeymoon you’ve been looking forward to your whole life and to sit back and relax with the love of your life! It sounds easy enough and numerous fairytales have portrayed that there’s nothing else to it… But what the fairytales forgot to mention is that marriage is the ultimate trial of faith in oneself, one’s spouse and in true love.

One of the most well-known relationships presented to be as close to perfect as possible is portrayed between the Disney characters of Mickey and Minnie Mouse. It is perfectly clear that Mickey and Minnie are in love, but that does not mean that there are no obstacles in the way of it! Albeit they are the most famous and favorite characters from Walt Disney’s imagination, the personalities they’ve been given are not as perfect as one would think. Minnie Mouse is absolutely adorable and her personality is simply sweet and kind. But Minnie can also be bossy and a bit demanding, and Mickey is one extremely forgetful mouse… forgetting anniversary’s and special occasion’s all throughout their relationship. But through it all, the two remain together by working these problems out.

In my opinion, marriage is essential to many things in life. It is the key to one’s happiness, and also to one’s faith. By undergoing the sacrament of marriage, in whatever religion you are, it means that you are being bound in body and soul to the person you love. Deciding if the person is the man/woman for you could be scary. This is why some couples have decided to live together before marriage, and in some cases before engagement to see if it really is the perfect fit. I’m not sure that I agree with all aspects of this choice, but if a couple is living together before marriage for the purpose of avoiding a future divorce I would agree 100%.

One should not get married if they are not absolutely positive about it. The looming option of divorce completely defeats the purpose of marriage. Marriage is not temporary. It’s meant to be forever, “…till death do us part”. In the church, temple or other religious gathering place, the couple will promise to one another that they will be together forever. To break this promise is something that I would consider a sin. I understand that complex things can happen throughout life, but I also feel that it is possible to work out these complications without separating. If it’s love, it will be forever. Marriage should be doubtless. A legal document cannot break the bonds of the soul.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy