Marriage: My Views

harborseal411
“In marriage, each partner is to be an encourager rather than a critic, a forgiver rather than a collector of hurts, an enabler rather than a reformer.” This quote was said by H. Norman Wright and Gary J. Oliver. Marriage is the union of a man and a women in holy matrimony. Marriage is so sacred, going back thousands of years. Marriage has deep value and often it is not taken so seriously by one or two of the partners involved. It’s is sad but true. Many people, since the 1960’s when the Sex Revolution occurred, in which contraception was created to have sex, don’t talk marriage seriously and relationships for that matter. In the age, it is all about the sex, unfortunately. Marriage has many virtues, however, the main goodness of it is having someone to care about and it being official. Once a person gets married, they have closed all of the doors of single life and open new doors to a married life in which two people spend the rest of their lives together. No more can a man have sex with any girl he chooses from a bar. They can’t have one night stands and mess around with other people. Marriage is very important because when in a relationship, the partners are alone more so than if they were married. Once a relationship gets serious and leads to marriage, the partners live together and are in there presence everyday and every night, unless off on a special work trip or out with friends accommodating there social needs. However, even though this is a virtue some people may think it can at times be annoying to be in the husbands or wives presence every minute or every day. When it comes to me, I will love to get married someday. My mother got marriage in her early twenties and I just don’t see the value of that. People should gain more maturity and get married in the thirties or late twenties. I personally would rather live my life by myself and just being with friends before settling down and getting married and having kids. Getting married at age 25, the average marrying age for women in the U.S. is much to young. That’s when a person brain is done maturing. Many people rush into marriages without thinking about the commitment it is and what one must sacrifice. Nothing good in life, like marriage, comes without sacrifices. All in all, partners most likely will never have to experience severe loneliness when married. He or she will always have someone to count on if in fact it is a healthy marriage. Marriage is such a big step in one’s life and it is said that many people don’t take marriage as seriously as people should.