Marriage: Marriage and Its Values

emmitt07
Marriage and It’s Values
Marriage is very valuable. You are declaring your love for one another in front of the church, God, your family, and your friends. Most people look for certain values in a marriage like: commitment to each other, friendship, love, humor, be open to communicate with each other, trusting one another, and common interests.
Commitment in a marriage is something everyone wants. Marriage is a promise and commitment to another person. Without marriage someone could just walk out of your life. Marriage is a lifelong commitment and it is a long process to get out of marriage. Friendship is also a good quality to have in a marriage. Your spouse should be your best friend. You also need to love one another. Without love a marriage won’t last. You will get sick of each other and want to get away.
Many people also want their spouse to have a good sense of humor. Being able to make your spouse laugh is always a plus. Joking and laughing can help you get through life. Communication is very important in a marriage. You should be able to openly talk to one another about anything. If you aren’t honest and can’t talk through things some problems might arise. You should also be able to trust your spouse. Without trust you would never know when something is true or not and when you don’t trust someone it is kind of a slap in the face. Every marriage should have a trust foundation.
Having common interests is always a good thing. If you are totally opposite people and like totally different things it is going to be harder to make a marriage work. You can do it but it is easier when you have common interests so you can relate to one another. Marriage is very valuable and should be taken seriously. Don’t marry someone and just think if it doesn’t work out you can always divorce. Strive to know your future spouse before you get married because marriage is something that is mean to be broken. It is a commitment.