What is the value of marriage?

jeristar<3
I feel like the value of marriage is being so in love with someone that you want to be with them for the rest of your life. It's about waking up every morning looking forward to another day with that special someone. It's about never giving up on the relationship or the partner. If you truly love someone you will always stand by them through anything life throws at you. If you really mean what you say at the altar and especially if you don't believe in divorce then you WILL be spending the rest of your life with this one person. Considering this, I feel like it is a wonderful idea to live with someone before you get married. You can date someone for five years, and still learn new things about them when you live together. I don't think anyone really knows a person until you live with them. I do not think anyone should marry someone for the wrong reasons. When I say "wrong reasons" I mean for money, just doing it because your getting older and don't want to spend your life alone, or because they got you pregnant and you feel obligated to marry them. I personally can't wait to get married. Maybe it's not so much the getting married part but actually meeting someone who overlooks all of my flaws and wants to spend their life with me. I think that simple fact would make anyone in the world feel amazing. The world is always throwing "love" in our face and talking about how wonderful it is. Everyone knows you can't buy love, you can't win it, you can only feel it. I think it worries people especially around valentines day that they will never experience it. Everyone wants it, but you have to find it throughout your life. I think the reason so many people are getting divorced these days is because they wanted to be in love so bad that the first chance they got they assumed they were in love but really were just in lust. They slowly realize that over the time they are with the person they married and then they get divorced once they see they were never in love at all. I don't think love is overrated, but that people throw the word around not because their immature but because they want it so bad. The marriages I see that I admire are not the young couples that have that "glow" about them, but I admire old couples. The ones that are eighty years old and are still holding hands just like they did when they went on their first date. That's a love that I hope to have one day. I hope to have someone that looks at me when old and gray and still thinks I'm beautiful. It's not about how you feel when you first get started out, it's about how you feel fifty years down the road. But hey, that's just my opinion.