STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

What is the value of marriage?

jeristar<3
I feel like the value of marriage is being so in love with someone that you want to be with them for the rest of your life. It's about waking up every morning looking forward to another day with that special someone. It's about never giving up on the relationship or the partner. If you truly love someone you will always stand by them through anything life throws at you. If you really mean what you say at the altar and especially if you don't believe in divorce then you WILL be spending the rest of your life with this one person. Considering this, I feel like it is a wonderful idea to live with someone before you get married. You can date someone for five years, and still learn new things about them when you live together. I don't think anyone really knows a person until you live with them. I do not think anyone should marry someone for the wrong reasons. When I say "wrong reasons" I mean for money, just doing it because your getting older and don't want to spend your life alone, or because they got you pregnant and you feel obligated to marry them. I personally can't wait to get married. Maybe it's not so much the getting married part but actually meeting someone who overlooks all of my flaws and wants to spend their life with me. I think that simple fact would make anyone in the world feel amazing. The world is always throwing "love" in our face and talking about how wonderful it is. Everyone knows you can't buy love, you can't win it, you can only feel it. I think it worries people especially around valentines day that they will never experience it. Everyone wants it, but you have to find it throughout your life. I think the reason so many people are getting divorced these days is because they wanted to be in love so bad that the first chance they got they assumed they were in love but really were just in lust. They slowly realize that over the time they are with the person they married and then they get divorced once they see they were never in love at all. I don't think love is overrated, but that people throw the word around not because their immature but because they want it so bad. The marriages I see that I admire are not the young couples that have that "glow" about them, but I admire old couples. The ones that are eighty years old and are still holding hands just like they did when they went on their first date. That's a love that I hope to have one day. I hope to have someone that looks at me when old and gray and still thinks I'm beautiful. It's not about how you feel when you first get started out, it's about how you feel fifty years down the road. But hey, that's just my opinion.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy