Teacher Appreciation: Knowledge that will last a lifetime

Diana123
Entering an Early College High school was a big decision that I made my 8th grade year. I knew the curriculum would be more rigorous than it would in a regular high school, and I knew had to be prepared to face many challenges. I was full of fear and worry that I wouldn't make it there. The moment I stepped into the school my freshman year , the environment was already great! teachers willing to help, upper classmen greeting us and meeting peers that had the same goals as I did. I feel more than blessed that I got the opportunity to be in this school and up until now that I'm Junior , I know that I can run up to my any of my teachers whenever im facing an academic or personal challenge. To them I'm not only a number but they know my name and who I am. One of them though has been my teacher for 3 years and the way she teaches is absolutely fascinating. I can be having the worst day, feeling sleepy etc, but as soon as I walk into her classroom all I can feel is positivity! She's always there greeting us with a smile or even a song! She has taught us to reflect and convey our message from our heart and mind into our writing. Although I had a big fear for writing, Ms. Resse has worked with me and makes sure that I think outside the box when I'm writing. Up until this day her powerful words have stayed in my mind "I love what I do, and I love sharing and teaching things that yall will always use in life" she told us that she is very passionate in what she does and the idea that one day we can share what she thought us with others really excites her. Amazing how she could have been a famous author, poet or anything but she chose to teach us! It's like if we were her kids and she just wants the best for us. When we do something wrong she will correct us just like a parent does! She takes her time reading our papers and writes feedback so we can know our strong and weak sides in our writing. I believe it's important to show your teachers you're there and your interests. Teachers are people that will definitely impact us! One day we can use the knowledge they give us for our own good. They prepare us for life and for our future pursues. I'm lucky to say all the teachers in my school have helped me out in some way and us as students need to make sure that we give all of these teachers recognition and thank them for giving us the tools we need for a path of success!