STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Teacher Appreciation: Where She Finds Her Self Worth

Shardae
“A woman completes life and should never be put down. Yes. You may not be a woman yet but you are a female. You’re a young lady. Some may say a soon-to-be woman. Now is the time that you should find your worth and self-love and appreciate it.” She held me after class. She said it was important that she talked to me.

“How can I do that when every other day I hear someone degrading me Mrs. Pat? I do nothing but look out for everyone and all I get back is disrespect. It’s tiring and now I just really … want to give up. It’s not fair.” I stared at her after wiping my eyes not wanting to let my tears fall.

“Go over to that table and get a piece of paper and pen. I want you to write a page essay explaining 3 things.” I did as she asked and sat back at my desk. She grabbed a marker and wrote three sentences on the board.

What makes you different from everyone else?
What do you see in yourself?
Do you believe in yourself and in your abilities?

“Go home. You are far too beautiful to be in such a impaired relationship with anyone. Let go of all of the bad that has made you think that you’re not such. I’m not trying to control your life. I am simply trying to guide you into a world filled with change and peace. It is not wrong to be selfish Shar. Look out for yourself for once.” I took her words in and finally got my things, ready to go home.

Since I was younger someone had always found a flaw in me. Someone always made it clear that I wasn't all that great. Some adults talked about the way I would speak or say that I was too loud. Young boys would make fun of my acne and females would try to fight me because they said that I thought that I was ‘all that’. Usually I would try to ignore it but sooner or later it took a toll on my self-esteem. Family and friends did this. With the help of Mrs. Pat I learned that no could define who I was. No one should have had that power over me. She has impacted my life in such a way and I thank GOD for her every day. She was a great teacher actually. She cared a lot about us children. She’s most definitely isn't getting the recognition that she deserves. Mrs. Pat is the perfect definition for a great teacher. She is not a teacher because she works in a school and demands students to memorize work. Although she has taught before she’s a counselor. She’s a great teacher because she has taught me that not everyone is going to appreciate me and the things that I do for them. She has helped me realize that I can’t let what other say affect my life.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy