Animals: Beloved friend

sarai villatoro
Since I was young girl I always loved dogs, but my mom never wanted one because she told me it was a hug responsibility. One day my brother came home with a one month old female pit-bull and she was the most beautiful dog I have ever seen.
I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was eight and my brother really surprised me because that dog was mine. The first thing that popped into my head was lulu, as her name plus I was eight so that was going to be her name. The thing that surprised me was that my mom let me keep her! It took my mom to get used to lulu but my mom fell in love with her. The only problem was that her breed was pit-bull. The thing was that since pit-bull are fighting breed, and where I live they don’t accept dangerous breed which include pit-bull. Once the management found out about our dog they began stated to send us cards telling us that we can’t have her because of her breed.
The problem was that we had her for seven years an there telling us to get rid of our dog that we had. It broke my heart because I had her since I was eight, and to just give her away like that was difficult for me. Plus my mom was in love with her; lulu was like another child for her. So we couldn't give her up just like that, it took us a while to find her a new home that we could trusted to take care of her.
One day my brother took lulu to my dad house without my mom or me knowing and left her there. My dad called me and I can remember the words I told him “please take care of her because shes the most important thing in my life”. He promised me he was going to take care of her, but I guess he didn't care because lulu was not getting well taken care and she got pregnant, The problem was that she was an inside dog and she couldn't get pregnant because her age. I really thought my dad was at least capable to take care of a pet since he wasn't capable to take care of his three kids.
I remember the phone call hen my dad said lulu had passed away, I didn't know how to tell everyone about lulu passing away. Once I found out all the tears the emotions of losing someone, it was horrible plus the anger cause my dad couldn't even take care of a dog. It broke my heart to tell my mom but I had to and it was horrible. Its been four months that lulu has passed away and I still missing her.