STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Animals: Make The World a Better Place

berny
For as long as I would like to forget this day I always have flashbacks. It all started when my dog that was named Daisy had puppies. My dog is a salt and pepper schnauzer, the puppies looked exactly like her but much smaller. So this day my mom decided to go to my aunts’ house in San Diego and take all the puppies. My aunt has the brother of Daisy his name is Skippy. The puppies had just gotten their shots and were still very small. As we arrived the dogs went running out side to play with Skippy. I played with them for a little while and then I went up stares to rest. I was in the stage were you are sleeping but you can hear things.
All of the sudden my aunt screams BERNY!!! I rushed down stares and say that she was caring Max, one of Daisy’s puppies. I then saw that bubbles were coming out of his mouth. I knew that was not good so I panicked and ask what I could do. My aunt told me to give her milk so I pored some on the dog trey and she put Max’s mouth in the milk. He stopped the bubbles but he was not responding. I knew he was poisoned by something he ate because none of the other puppies were poisoned.
My mom was sleeping all this time and I went to wake her up and told her what was happening. She took of to the nearest veterinarian. I did not go with her because we had another problem. While my aunt and I were treating Max, Daisy and Skippy escaped. My older causing Carlos grabbed his car keys and took me to look for them. We traveled street-by-street looking for them when we took a turn and saw them both. I jumped out of the car and grabbed them. This was the first good thing of the day; I was just waiting for the second.
I called my mom many time and had no answer so I just waited and waited. All of the sudden my mom honks the horn and I run outside. She tells me to go with her, which we are going to Mexico. I go in the car and I start asking her what the vet said, she told my Max was in a comma from poison. And I knew it was the snail poison my aunt had laid the night before. They looked exactly like dog food so the dog must have ate many of them. As we arrived at the vet in Tijuana the doctor rushed to stabilize Max and as we were talking Max passed away. I was very sad for the remainder of the month. Now I know to take better care of puppies.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy