STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Weather: A sunny stormy day

englest17
Weather: A sunny stormy day

A referee on a sports team controls the game, they way it is played and all the players involved. The weather plays the same role as a referee, it controls and determines many things. It doesn’t matter if someone believes in climate change or not the weather is still going to control their life. For some people it changes their plans, for others it could be something disastrous. Another crazy thing the weather controls is some peoples moods. People many not realize it but the weather controls pretty much everything we do. Vacation is a huge boning time for my family and I, but sometimes the weather says differently.
Weather is something that changes within minutes, and my family realized that on a hot summer day at the beach in August about three years ago. We were at Assateague island, with a bunch of other families that are close friends of ours. We all got beach passes for our trucks, for the day to dive out on to the beach. Five families went out, and all of us kids were packed into different trucks blaring music and singing along, having the time of our lives. The weather was perfect,it couldn’t have been any better. It was about 90 degrees and sunny. We drove a couple miles down the beach to an empty spot we could have to our self’s. As we parked the sky immediately started to change from sunny and blue to the clouds rolling in and it starting to get darker. It was our last day until we had to head home so everyone decided to chance it. We all started to unpack and almost immediately the waves started to get bigger, crash harder, and the darkness in the sky kept rolling in like it wanted to show us that it owned the beach. Still we stayed out playing in the sand and fishing, thats when a crack of lightning lit up in the sky and thunder started rolling in. Out of instinct of being scared we all piled into the trucks and decided we would wait it out. In the truck i was in, it was my friends parents and five kids crammed in the back, it was sweaty and hot inside. Just our luck we also had two of my friends in the truck with us that are deathly afraid of thunderstorms. They were both closing their ears and screaming every time a crack of lightning would come down. The storm continued like it was for about ten minutes and then something changed. The wind started to pick up, immensely. You could feel every gust pushing up against the truck wanting to get in. Everyone was so scared, the sky was black as night, the wind was pushing the trucks back and forth, and the waves were crashing huge in the distance behind us. The decision was finally made that it was time to pack it up and call it a day. As we drove away from the the huge crashing waves we were all relieved but upset our day couldn’t be spent the way we wanted it to be.
The weather controls so much in our lives everyday, and some people just don’t realize it. It makes beautiful days, and it makes wet crappy days. The weather makes great plans for people and it also wrecks them. It just all depends on the day.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy