Weather: A sunny stormy day

englest17
Weather: A sunny stormy day

A referee on a sports team controls the game, they way it is played and all the players involved. The weather plays the same role as a referee, it controls and determines many things. It doesn’t matter if someone believes in climate change or not the weather is still going to control their life. For some people it changes their plans, for others it could be something disastrous. Another crazy thing the weather controls is some peoples moods. People many not realize it but the weather controls pretty much everything we do. Vacation is a huge boning time for my family and I, but sometimes the weather says differently.
Weather is something that changes within minutes, and my family realized that on a hot summer day at the beach in August about three years ago. We were at Assateague island, with a bunch of other families that are close friends of ours. We all got beach passes for our trucks, for the day to dive out on to the beach. Five families went out, and all of us kids were packed into different trucks blaring music and singing along, having the time of our lives. The weather was perfect,it couldn’t have been any better. It was about 90 degrees and sunny. We drove a couple miles down the beach to an empty spot we could have to our self’s. As we parked the sky immediately started to change from sunny and blue to the clouds rolling in and it starting to get darker. It was our last day until we had to head home so everyone decided to chance it. We all started to unpack and almost immediately the waves started to get bigger, crash harder, and the darkness in the sky kept rolling in like it wanted to show us that it owned the beach. Still we stayed out playing in the sand and fishing, thats when a crack of lightning lit up in the sky and thunder started rolling in. Out of instinct of being scared we all piled into the trucks and decided we would wait it out. In the truck i was in, it was my friends parents and five kids crammed in the back, it was sweaty and hot inside. Just our luck we also had two of my friends in the truck with us that are deathly afraid of thunderstorms. They were both closing their ears and screaming every time a crack of lightning would come down. The storm continued like it was for about ten minutes and then something changed. The wind started to pick up, immensely. You could feel every gust pushing up against the truck wanting to get in. Everyone was so scared, the sky was black as night, the wind was pushing the trucks back and forth, and the waves were crashing huge in the distance behind us. The decision was finally made that it was time to pack it up and call it a day. As we drove away from the the huge crashing waves we were all relieved but upset our day couldn’t be spent the way we wanted it to be.
The weather controls so much in our lives everyday, and some people just don’t realize it. It makes beautiful days, and it makes wet crappy days. The weather makes great plans for people and it also wrecks them. It just all depends on the day.