STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Unsung Hero: My Mom is My Best Friend

Erika
Not a lot of people see exactly what my mom does, or what she goes through. I for one see it. I may not always say thank you for what she has done or always been very appreciative, but I do see it. When I was younger my mom and dad got a divorce, I didn't take it to well at first cause I wasn't used to the idea of not having my mom and dad together. Even though my mom didn't want me to leave her when I was around 5, she still let me. I stayed with my dad for a year, but eventually I went back to my mom and I have been with her every since.
I know it sounds corny, but I really am glad my mom gave me the opportunity to decide whether I wanted to be with her or my dad at the time. I know it was really hard on her, but to know that she loves me that much means a whole lot.
Another reason why I think my mom is an unsung hero is, even though my mom has had a really tough life and has been treated horribly by some people she is always so nice to people. My mom has taken in people who don't really deserve it, she has always put other people before herself, and even when she really can't stand someone she is always trying to be there for them when they need it. My mom is literally the sweetest person I have ever met.
My mom and I have been asked a bunch of times how are relationship is. The best way I can explain it is she is my best friend. Yes she is my mom, but she is also my best friend. She is always there for me, she understands me better than anyone else, and we honestly have so much in common. I absolutely love my mom, and I really think she deserves to be recognized for all the great things she has done.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy