Unsung Hero: My Mom is My Best Friend

Erika
Not a lot of people see exactly what my mom does, or what she goes through. I for one see it. I may not always say thank you for what she has done or always been very appreciative, but I do see it. When I was younger my mom and dad got a divorce, I didn't take it to well at first cause I wasn't used to the idea of not having my mom and dad together. Even though my mom didn't want me to leave her when I was around 5, she still let me. I stayed with my dad for a year, but eventually I went back to my mom and I have been with her every since.
I know it sounds corny, but I really am glad my mom gave me the opportunity to decide whether I wanted to be with her or my dad at the time. I know it was really hard on her, but to know that she loves me that much means a whole lot.
Another reason why I think my mom is an unsung hero is, even though my mom has had a really tough life and has been treated horribly by some people she is always so nice to people. My mom has taken in people who don't really deserve it, she has always put other people before herself, and even when she really can't stand someone she is always trying to be there for them when they need it. My mom is literally the sweetest person I have ever met.
My mom and I have been asked a bunch of times how are relationship is. The best way I can explain it is she is my best friend. Yes she is my mom, but she is also my best friend. She is always there for me, she understands me better than anyone else, and we honestly have so much in common. I absolutely love my mom, and I really think she deserves to be recognized for all the great things she has done.