Unsung Hero: My mother's quest for our happiness

Seer
Everyone is a hero, rather it be an act of kindness or an act of bravery but not everyone is noticed for their acts done for others. By definition an unsung hero is someone who isn't recognized for what they have given up to help those in need. By that definition I know for a fact my mother is an unsung hero. She is my best friend, my counselor, my adviser, my hero. My mom gave up everything she could to help us, heal us, she made sure we stayed alive for the next day. From dealing with an abusive guy to giving up the chance to buy necessities she needed, from being injured and still working to working on our birthdays so we could have something to cherish for a while. This is why my mom is the definition of an unsung hero. She endured an abusive relationship, saving money to takes us somewhere safe. She not once broke down, she stayed strong, and she endured. A hero is someone who puts their needs aside for others, a hero is someone who is willing to protect those they love. A hero gives up everything they have in order for the ones they cherish to live on. When we left to our grandparents she didn't stop, she continued to work, day and night to create a home for us. I remember when I was in elementary school coming home excited to tell my mom how my day went, she would be getting ready for work and we would have twenty to thirty minutes before she left to work. Every day she not once complained not even when she injured her shoulder, she still fought, working and ignoring the pain just so we could eat, watch cartoons and play games. As me and my brothers grew up, we ended up making our family bigger but not before enduring nights of pure coldness, from houses with no heaters, to broken windows. From dangerous neighborhoods to sleeping in one room houses our mother still fought for us to stay warm. A hero never stops protecting those they love. My mom finally has someone by her side. My stepdad makes my mom happy, she’s happy with him and I love that but I also know she still fights for us, protects us and makes sure we live even though we have a house, and a bigger family. I know she does things so we can have what we want. She still buys us clothes and necessities before buying for herself. She hasn't stopped making sure we are happy and healthy, I somehow know that that is her mission, I know my mother’s quest will not end till the end of time because her herself will not stop making sure we stay happy and comfortable. I know this is my mother’s quest for our happiness.