STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Unsung Hero: My mother's quest for our happiness

Seer
Everyone is a hero, rather it be an act of kindness or an act of bravery but not everyone is noticed for their acts done for others. By definition an unsung hero is someone who isn't recognized for what they have given up to help those in need. By that definition I know for a fact my mother is an unsung hero. She is my best friend, my counselor, my adviser, my hero. My mom gave up everything she could to help us, heal us, she made sure we stayed alive for the next day. From dealing with an abusive guy to giving up the chance to buy necessities she needed, from being injured and still working to working on our birthdays so we could have something to cherish for a while. This is why my mom is the definition of an unsung hero. She endured an abusive relationship, saving money to takes us somewhere safe. She not once broke down, she stayed strong, and she endured. A hero is someone who puts their needs aside for others, a hero is someone who is willing to protect those they love. A hero gives up everything they have in order for the ones they cherish to live on. When we left to our grandparents she didn't stop, she continued to work, day and night to create a home for us. I remember when I was in elementary school coming home excited to tell my mom how my day went, she would be getting ready for work and we would have twenty to thirty minutes before she left to work. Every day she not once complained not even when she injured her shoulder, she still fought, working and ignoring the pain just so we could eat, watch cartoons and play games. As me and my brothers grew up, we ended up making our family bigger but not before enduring nights of pure coldness, from houses with no heaters, to broken windows. From dangerous neighborhoods to sleeping in one room houses our mother still fought for us to stay warm. A hero never stops protecting those they love. My mom finally has someone by her side. My stepdad makes my mom happy, she’s happy with him and I love that but I also know she still fights for us, protects us and makes sure we live even though we have a house, and a bigger family. I know she does things so we can have what we want. She still buys us clothes and necessities before buying for herself. She hasn't stopped making sure we are happy and healthy, I somehow know that that is her mission, I know my mother’s quest will not end till the end of time because her herself will not stop making sure we stay happy and comfortable. I know this is my mother’s quest for our happiness.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy