STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Unsung Hero

raghad97
Unsung hero
When we were kids, whenever someone mentioned the word hero the first thing that popped into our mind was characters that fought evil. For example, Superman and Spiderman, and the list go on. As we became older we knew heroes are not just fictional character and we considered Gandhi and Nelson Mandela as heroes. My hero is slightly different in my perspective.
My unsung hero is my father which is just an ordinary person you might think. My father got through many difficulties in his life and he never gave up. Why you ask, that’s because who wants to provide a roof for his family. He worked every single day, sometimes late nights and other early mornings. He never said no and tried his best to stay in his job. Thank God his experience grew as he became older. Yet we all know that life is not a wish granting factory. Life is just one challenge after another. One day my father’s company merged with a rival company causing my dad to lose his job. My dad was uncertain about the future and he felt fragile. But he didn’t want his family seeing him like that and getting anxious. Therefore he decided to put a mask on his face and become strong again. After a long time of searching for work, he decided to open his own business. Unfortunately that would be a big risk, so he did what he had to do. One beautiful morning he lied and told us that he finally got acceptance from a job and he is going to start working again and there will be alot of travelling. Secretly, he went every morning planned his business and travelled to setup his business. Yet, he never told us about it. The business opened and everything went well until the economic crisis. Just like many businesses my father’s business also suffered. He had to tell us the truth but what broke my heart was seeing him ashamed. Thus we decided to help him by cutting expenses. This made him depressed but instead of sitting at home and giving up he kept on climbing the mountain until he reached to the top. Now my dad runs a very successful business and we have never been happier.
You might ask I still don’t get what is so special that made your dad a hero. Well a hero doesn’t have to fight evil nor defend all people. A true hero is someone that refuses to give up even in their toughest times. Finally a hero is someone that does everything in his power to protect and provide the needs of the family. All in all every single one of us has a hero side that we don’t know about, even the tiniest thing you do to help people or your family makes you a hero, a special type of hero known as unsung hero.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy