Unsung Hero

raghad97
Unsung hero
When we were kids, whenever someone mentioned the word hero the first thing that popped into our mind was characters that fought evil. For example, Superman and Spiderman, and the list go on. As we became older we knew heroes are not just fictional character and we considered Gandhi and Nelson Mandela as heroes. My hero is slightly different in my perspective.
My unsung hero is my father which is just an ordinary person you might think. My father got through many difficulties in his life and he never gave up. Why you ask, that’s because who wants to provide a roof for his family. He worked every single day, sometimes late nights and other early mornings. He never said no and tried his best to stay in his job. Thank God his experience grew as he became older. Yet we all know that life is not a wish granting factory. Life is just one challenge after another. One day my father’s company merged with a rival company causing my dad to lose his job. My dad was uncertain about the future and he felt fragile. But he didn’t want his family seeing him like that and getting anxious. Therefore he decided to put a mask on his face and become strong again. After a long time of searching for work, he decided to open his own business. Unfortunately that would be a big risk, so he did what he had to do. One beautiful morning he lied and told us that he finally got acceptance from a job and he is going to start working again and there will be alot of travelling. Secretly, he went every morning planned his business and travelled to setup his business. Yet, he never told us about it. The business opened and everything went well until the economic crisis. Just like many businesses my father’s business also suffered. He had to tell us the truth but what broke my heart was seeing him ashamed. Thus we decided to help him by cutting expenses. This made him depressed but instead of sitting at home and giving up he kept on climbing the mountain until he reached to the top. Now my dad runs a very successful business and we have never been happier.
You might ask I still don’t get what is so special that made your dad a hero. Well a hero doesn’t have to fight evil nor defend all people. A true hero is someone that refuses to give up even in their toughest times. Finally a hero is someone that does everything in his power to protect and provide the needs of the family. All in all every single one of us has a hero side that we don’t know about, even the tiniest thing you do to help people or your family makes you a hero, a special type of hero known as unsung hero.