STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Patriotism: Uplifting possibilities of locationism in France

firestar26
Fritter, jelliwigs and umpteenths gallore…France is where your imagination can grow and where people can find their souls. Myriad aspects contribute to the pride that I feel for France – no country can compare to this France that I have come to know and love. The past four years of my life have been spent in the exotic south of France have been inexplicably and undeniably the best years of my life. My soul truly lies here, its roots in the soft white sands of the Mediterranean sea floor, surrounded by the sweet scents of baking, amongst people I trust. It is a source of pride to be a French citizen.

Firstly and yet circumlocutionarily, as the bicycle wheels hypnotically and dangerously suggest, I must of course, express the pride I feel watching the Tour de France, each time it passes by my village. It is a magnificent event! Cyclists come from all over the world to compete in the famous experience. Sponsoring companies pass by before the competitors, throwing various assorted prizes into the audience; this makes the event enjoyable for people of all ages. As well, this event is sponsored by the government; not only that, but the government actually supports sports in a way that you can witness in this country! My tennis club that I play at, for example, is given tickets for us to enjoy the tennis championships at Monte Carlo once a year. As well, our tournaments are all supported by the government. My friends’ sports clubs are supported in various ways by the government, as well. Here, it is a nation of being fit and of being given opportunities by the government, which doesn’t happen in many other countries.

Secondly, there is the part of France, which many tourists are probably unfamiliar with – the schools. This is my second full year attending a French school, a charming establishment just at the bottom of the mountainous village where I live. The students and teachers are so welcoming, that I learned the language rapidly and enjoyably after just one year. I have had so much fun at this school participating in musical concerts and recitals, mental math challenges, cross-country championships, as well as many other activities. Just being a part of this educational system fills me with utter pride for my country. It is somehow, an academic system in which the gifted are challenged and the weaker students are supported and the in-between students are never forgotten or deemed unimportant.

Overall, I am extremely proud of my country, France. France is a country I would recommend to anyone searching for a sophisticated society, unbeatable food, reliably beautiful weather and absolutely stunning scenery. Whatever happens, I believe that France will always be an exhilarating source of pride to my family and I, although we are British and Canadian. Patriotism is not about where you were born, but where you feel you belong…halumph – ‘happiness dwells in the soul.’
Rate this:
Comment by firestar26

Awesome! <3
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 9:21:22 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy