STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Person to Watch in 2012: Taylor Swift

Virginia Crivilescu.
Person to watch in 2012? Taylor swift of course! I think Taylor has done a lot in the past year with her music career, and being a successful role model to many young fan girls. When Taylor was younger she used to get rejected by many music labels, but that didn’t stop her! And look where she is now?! She won “Entertainer of the Year” award at the ACM Awards and this year she’s the only female artist with three nominations, including Entertainer of the Year, Female Vocalist and Video of the Year.

Taylor is one of the few celebrities that has remained a good role model to younger children. In Hollywood, it can be hard to stick with a good reputation! She never turned into a diva or become a problem child, or any other bad outcome that could happen when a young person endures incredible success. Whenever I get myself into peer pressuring moments, I think to myself, “What would Taylor Swift do?” and I always know that she would do the right thing. One of my favorite Taylor quotes is, “Every time I'm faced with a decision or a choice, I think about the 6-year-old girl in the front row of my concert, and what she'd think about it.” This shows that she truly cares about her fans, and that she wants to be a good influence. Taylor is the type of role model we can trust to never make an irresponsible decision, or do something she’ll regret.

For every bad day I’m having, I can guarantee any song by Taylor Swift will make me feel better. Also as a teenage girl myself, I get myself in a lot of heartbreak, so the fact that Taylor has been through it all, makes me feel better. Her singing is so beautiful, melodic, and true. There are so many different music icons that are popular now, but not all of them have such a positive look at life, like Taylor shows her fans. Another thing you’ll notice with Taylor whenever she’s at fan signings, or a public event, is that she takes the time to try to look each fan in the eye, and let them now how much she appreciates them in every way possible. It’s so amazing how thankful and honest Taylor is with her fans.

I can already predict that Taylor will remain to be an outstanding influence on today’s society, by encouraging everyone to reach for their dreams, because they are never to far away. She showed the world that by going from a small town girl to a country/pop star. I can already tell she’ll be winning many more awards, and perhaps become a great actress. I can’t wait to see hear her future albums! Whether or not fans will still be screaming her name years from now, I hope one day I can meet her to tell her how much I appreciate her being there for all her fans, and never disappointing us!
Rate this:
Comment by mmdesjardin

Really good writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2012 11:40:11 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy