Person to Watch in 2012: Taylor Swift

Virginia Crivilescu.
Person to watch in 2012? Taylor swift of course! I think Taylor has done a lot in the past year with her music career, and being a successful role model to many young fan girls. When Taylor was younger she used to get rejected by many music labels, but that didn’t stop her! And look where she is now?! She won “Entertainer of the Year” award at the ACM Awards and this year she’s the only female artist with three nominations, including Entertainer of the Year, Female Vocalist and Video of the Year.

Taylor is one of the few celebrities that has remained a good role model to younger children. In Hollywood, it can be hard to stick with a good reputation! She never turned into a diva or become a problem child, or any other bad outcome that could happen when a young person endures incredible success. Whenever I get myself into peer pressuring moments, I think to myself, “What would Taylor Swift do?” and I always know that she would do the right thing. One of my favorite Taylor quotes is, “Every time I'm faced with a decision or a choice, I think about the 6-year-old girl in the front row of my concert, and what she'd think about it.” This shows that she truly cares about her fans, and that she wants to be a good influence. Taylor is the type of role model we can trust to never make an irresponsible decision, or do something she’ll regret.

For every bad day I’m having, I can guarantee any song by Taylor Swift will make me feel better. Also as a teenage girl myself, I get myself in a lot of heartbreak, so the fact that Taylor has been through it all, makes me feel better. Her singing is so beautiful, melodic, and true. There are so many different music icons that are popular now, but not all of them have such a positive look at life, like Taylor shows her fans. Another thing you’ll notice with Taylor whenever she’s at fan signings, or a public event, is that she takes the time to try to look each fan in the eye, and let them now how much she appreciates them in every way possible. It’s so amazing how thankful and honest Taylor is with her fans.

I can already predict that Taylor will remain to be an outstanding influence on today’s society, by encouraging everyone to reach for their dreams, because they are never to far away. She showed the world that by going from a small town girl to a country/pop star. I can already tell she’ll be winning many more awards, and perhaps become a great actress. I can’t wait to see hear her future albums! Whether or not fans will still be screaming her name years from now, I hope one day I can meet her to tell her how much I appreciate her being there for all her fans, and never disappointing us!
Comment by mmdesjardin

Really good writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2012 11:40:11 PM