Person to Watch in 2012: Rachel Joy Scott & Rachel's Challenge

vrn1998
Even though she is no longer living, Rachel Joy Scott was the first victim of the Columbine shooting in Colorado. This is more about watching her legacy and how she has (and still is) inspiring people everywhere. Before she died she aspired to be an actress someday and she never let go of that dream. In a diary she would always write of how she would never let her dreams go and neither should anyone else. She also was strongly against bullying. She would say, "People will never know how far a little kindness can go," and "I will not be labeled as average." In 2011, her friends and family have been traveling around the country with a presentation called 'Rachel's Challenge'. They challenge everyone to fight bullying and be kind. This group has made an enormous impact on my life. Not only has it made me a better person, but also it has helped me understand how others feel. I think Rachel's Challege will continue impacting people everywhere in 2012 and make all of our characters at least a little better. It may also help stop bullying and thoughts of suicide caused by bullying. This is why i nominate Rachel Joy Scott for person to watch in 2012.

Hi, I'm the PR Coordinator for Stage of Life. I'm leaving you this comment to let you know that your essay for our Person to Watch writing contest was one of the finalists. Congratulations!

Here's the link to the contest summary page, http://www.stageoflife.com/PersontoWatch.aspx
We'll be formally announcing the winner soon.

Feel free to share this news with your friends and family as well as “Like” us on Facebook and “Follow” us on Twitter.

To be named an essay finalists in our national writing competition is a big deal. Our previous winners have been talked about on TIME.com and other media outlets.

Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:45:45 PM
Comment by vrn1998

Thank you so much!
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:54:32 PM
Comment by vrn1998

When will we know who wins?
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:16:45 PM

What an incredible testimony! It's unfortunate that such a person so positively impacts us all after life, but bullying is and always has been a serious issue in society and will hopefully someday b e a thing of the past. It will take all of us to take a stand against this shameful act. Good luck!
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:41:15 AM