Person to Watch in 2012: Benedict Cumberbatch

REENA
Person To Watch In 2012: Benedict Cumberbatch
Sherlock Holmes, as we know him, is a strictly Victorian man who first emerged almost one hundred and fifty years ago. But, since 2010, one brave, versatile and extremely skilled British actor has been doing something daring – bringing Sherlock Holmes back completely from oblivion…as a twenty-first century man!
Hundreds of actors have come and gone, some just briefly passing by and others leaving their mark in history forever. But, as many would agree, Sherlock Holmes is one of the hardest characters to master, and bringing the old-fashioned detective into the modern world is by no means an easy task. Regardless, Benedict Cumberbatch has already successfully achieved this task (in no less than two BBC Sherlock seasons) while also working on several other movies simultaneously. By any standards, these are certainly the feats of an amazing individual.
In 2010, the first BBC Sherlock series premiered, with Benedict Cumberbatch in the title role. Sherlockian fans went wild. Movie critics were left speechless. ‘Sherlock’ was a hit. But why should Benedict Cumberbatch be the person to watch this year, 2012? The reason lies deeper than his role in the BBC Sherlock series.
Benedict Cumberbatch is a well-educated actor who taught English for a year in Tibet, before returning to England to start his career in acting…and what a career it’s turning out to be! By giving it his all and working simultaneously on several movies, he’s not just becoming more and more famous, but also preserving the future of some of the greatest movies and pieces of literature of all time. By starring in sensational movie adaptations of books like The Hobbit, he is ensuring that some of the best works of literature will not fade away, but be forever remembered and appreciated for years to come.
There have been many unique actors before, many with skill and flair, but I dare say we haven’t yet seen an actor as devoted, hard-working and exceptional as Benedict Cumberbatch. 2012 will see the remarkable British actor star in still more memorable films, and working to keep the great works of literature alive by his participation in their movie adaptations. Already a role model for other actors, we can be sure as his fame grows in 2012 that Benedict Cumberbatch will one day join those actors immortal in the annals of theatre and drama. With his versatility, commitment and style, Benedict Cumberbatch will find 2012 a time for growth in fame and achievement, full of opportunities to make a positive impact in the film industry and the chance to become one of the stars of British film. If you want to see a rising star make his mark in history, Benedict Cumberbatch is the one to watch in 2012.